Applying to dental schools mid/late September

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predent_nt

Reaction score
I want to apply this cycle but I'm really worried about applying this late, so I'm looking for advice. I took my DAT on July 3rd and I got a 19 AA, 20 SA, and 21 PAT. My GPA is a 3.9 and I've taken many upper division biology courses. I have around 200 volunteering hours and 200 shadowing hours in person. I had three leadership positions and I'm looking to work as a dental assistant during my gap year once I submit my application. The problem is I'm still working on my personal statement, experiences, and secondary apps. I'm using the personal statement service that DAT bootcamp provides, and I'll be signing up for the experiences review service because it's too late to have multiple people to look over this stuff for me. I'm applying to 15 schools and I made sure they're in state schools or OOS friendly. Their averages are also close to my stats except for University of Michigan. Do you think I have a chance applying right now?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I guess you have a decent chance, but just make sure you leverage your state residency and make sure that the schools you apply to are not shutting down their reviews of applications. I know of a few that lock down all their interview spots after the end of September.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted two weeks ago and already received two interviews. I would just try and submit asap and I'm sure you'll be fine! Good luck

Reactions: 1 user