Applying to FAP Twice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cristinayanginthemaking

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused. So if FAP only lasts a year, do I apply twice? I'm trying to study for the MCAT and I want the MCAT prep that FAP gives students, but I'm not planning to apply until May 2024. So do I apply once to get the MCAT prep and then again to get the AMCAS application fee waivers and MSAR?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. You can reapply. Yes, you will only get the MCAT prep once.

Reactions: 2 users
Yes. You can reapply. Yes, you will only get the MCAT prep once.
So if I want to use MCAT prep from end of December to end of January, that wouldn’t be possible? I would have to just apply to FAP in the beginning of January instead or do I get to keep the MCAT prep?

Members don't see this ad :)
So if I want to use MCAT prep from end of December to end of January, that wouldn’t be possible? I would have to just apply to FAP in the beginning of January instead or do I get to keep the MCAT prep?
I am not sure how quickly MCAT prep expires. I believe they are meant to last for 12 months? If you cannot find the answer on their website, you should call them to inquire about it.

Reactions: 1 user
Directly from AAMC:
After you have selected to receive your MCAT Official Prep products benefit, the products expire on December 31 of the next year. The expiration date will be visible in the MCAT Official Prep Hub. The MCAT Official Prep products expiration date will not be affected if you are approved for Fee Assistance again.

Directly from AAMC:
After you have selected to receive your MCAT Official Prep products benefit, the products expire on December 31 of the next year. The expiration date will be visible in the MCAT Official Prep Hub. The MCAT Official Prep products expiration date will not be affected if you are approved for Fee Assistance again.
Thank you so much! I don’t know why the expiration date and having to apply again confused me so much lol

• Care