Same interviewer twice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Boredinlab

Reaction score
Hi,

I am interviewing today at a school I was waitlisted at last year. One of my faculty interviewers is the same person who interviewed me last year. Should I be worried I will be judged more harshly?

Members don't see this ad.

If you are interviewing today, it is best to focus on doing well and forget about the aspects that are out of your control.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Hi,

I am interviewing today at a school I was waitlisted at last year. One of my faculty interviewers is the same person who interviewed me last year. Should I be worried I will be judged more harshly?
You'd better have a good answer for "So what have you done to improve your app since last year?"

Odds are that the interviewer won't even remember you.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, they may not remember you. Then again, they may want to know what has changed and how you have grown in the past year. Also, consider that this interviewer may have been your champion last year but it just wasn't enough to get you up the staircase and into the door.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
If the interviewer remembers you (unlikely), be sure to praise him or her with flattery and how you didn't recognize them at first because they look younger. 🤣

Reactions: 2 users