Applying to just one school?

Started by 3eb4me
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

3eb4me

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm applying to one school, ICO. I might apply to other schools after fall semester so I have my biochem prerequisite. I'm just wondering....if I do get into ICO...is there a period of time I have to respond back to accept? Is this a bad idea? I'm not using ICO as a backup school, but it's the only school I'm considering that doesn't require biochem.
 
3eb4me said:
I'm applying to one school, ICO. I might apply to other schools after fall semester so I have my biochem prerequisite. I'm just wondering....if I do get into ICO...is there a period of time I have to respond back to accept? Is this a bad idea? I'm not using ICO as a backup school, but it's the only school I'm considering that doesn't require biochem.

If you're taking biochem now, you can still apply now to schools that require you to have biochem. You just need to have taken all the pre-reqs by the time you start optometry school. I'm pretty sure the period to decide on acceptances is two weeks.