Quantcast

Applying to just one school?

Bootcamp for OAT
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

3eb4me

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying to one school, ICO. I might apply to other schools after fall semester so I have my biochem prerequisite. I'm just wondering....if I do get into ICO...is there a period of time I have to respond back to accept? Is this a bad idea? I'm not using ICO as a backup school, but it's the only school I'm considering that doesn't require biochem.

pre_opt_sku

2010 O.D.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
3eb4me said:
I'm applying to one school, ICO. I might apply to other schools after fall semester so I have my biochem prerequisite. I'm just wondering....if I do get into ICO...is there a period of time I have to respond back to accept? Is this a bad idea? I'm not using ICO as a backup school, but it's the only school I'm considering that doesn't require biochem.

If you're taking biochem now, you can still apply now to schools that require you to have biochem. You just need to have taken all the pre-reqs by the time you start optometry school. I'm pretty sure the period to decide on acceptances is two weeks.