Applying to Masters Degree programs while applying to DO programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

armoman898

Reaction score
Hello. I am a current DO applicant. I want to apply to some Masters programs as a backup.

Some masters degree programs I am looking at explicitly ask whether I am applying to "other programs/degrees."

How truthful do you think one should be in answering these prompts?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

In life, be truthful

Members don't see this ad :)
Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine | Touro College

Not sure if you already know about this school, but if you complete their MS with a gpa of 3.45 or higher their offer you a seat for their DO program.

I've heard not such good things about that program as it doesn't appear to be as simple as "getting a 3.45" in that they curve the grades of the class (good and bad apparently), so its not like you get a 95 on the test and get an A with a 4.0 - they shift the average based on class performance, and that 95 may become an 80 or 85 or something. That's my understanding. This is along the lines of what 2 people who went through it told me. One stayed there, and one went to another medical school, not through the direct-admit route.

^ if anyone has first-hand experience and this is wrong, just let me know and i'll edit or delete.

Reactions: 1 users