Applying to Med School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JohnJohnson251

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I am applying to medical school this summer.
I currently have a 504 MCAT (507 superscore), 3.89 science gpa and 3.91 regular gpa. I have shadowed doctors for a combined 90+ hours, researched for 200 hours, and have had a lot of volunteer opportunities. I am asking for advice because I am taking the MCAT one last time July 19th in hopes to get a 509 or above. I wanted to know what you guys thought was best to apply. Apply as soon as possible to schools with a 504 score within their median percentile ranges as well as DO schools, and then wait for my newest score to consider more difficult schools? I need some advice please help!