Applying to multiple programs at the same school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SublimeBrudda

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I was wondering if it looked bad to apply to multiple programs at the same school. For example, will it look bad to both admissions boards if you apply to the University of X's pharmacy program in addition to their physical therapy program for the same cycle? Would the admissions boards of 2 different departments even communicate to each other that they have an applicant in common?

All of the program descriptions you see on the school's websites state in some form that the applicant should have an intense interest in that particular field and I was just trying to imagine the if the admissions board, having the knowledge that you applied to different programs, would take that as meaning you're not that interested in that field or you're unsure, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

I think it is okay to apply for different programs at the same University; and I don't think faculty/adcoms of one program will communicate with another department about your application.

I think it is okay to apply for different programs at the same University; and I don't think faculty/adcoms of one program will communicate with another department about your application.
That's my impression. I'm not familiar with other application services, but I wouldn't think other non-pharmacy programs would have access or interest with regards to PharmCAS, and the adcoms most likely don't communicate. The question you'll have to answer is: what do you really want to do?

Most will let you, some won't let you apply concurrently. You have to decline one program to apply for the next.