Applying to Pharm after attending another professional school

Started by TPMOH
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

TPMOH

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just curious, has anyone had success in getting accepted into Pharm school after already starting and completing part of another professional program (ie, optometry, dentistry, etc..)? I have completed one year of optometry school (with good grades), but had to leave due to mainly financial circumstances. I plan on going back into the health professions in a couple of years when I get my financial situation turned around. I will probably try to transfer to another OD school, but I also have a strong interest in pharmacy. Thanks.
 
Yes. In fact, I know quite a few people who is now going to good pharmacy schools after being in medical schools for 1-2 years.