Applying to pharm school without a B.S.

Started by vysaga
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

vysaga

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all.
I am trying to finish all my pre-reqs the next 5 quarters and apply for fall without a B.S. I know that the chances are very slim, but I want to at least try and hope for the best. If I don't get in, I could try after I get a B.S. Can someone please give me some suggestions for which schools I should look into? I've looked into pharmcas, but I couldn't find much info on it. Should I look into schools in pre-candidate stage?
 
Hi all.
I am trying to finish all my pre-reqs the next 5 quarters and apply for fall without a B.S. I know that the chances are very slim, but I want to at least try and hope for the best. If I don't get in, I could try after I get a B.S. Can someone please give me some suggestions for which schools I should look into? I've looked into pharmcas, but I couldn't find much info on it. Should I look into schools in pre-candidate stage?

Look for schools that are in your area. Dont make pre-candidate schools your first choice
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dam only a year and a half out of high school? how did you complete all your prereqs so fast when a majority of pharmacy schools don't accept ap credits D:?
 
dam only a year and a half out of high school? how did you complete all your prereqs so fast when a majority of pharmacy schools don't accept ap credits D:?

I don't have any AP credits, I took a lot of classes my junior and senior year. I graduated with 33 hours I believe, I know it's at least 30: English Comp I and II, English Literature, Computer and Information Systems, American Government, Macroeconomics, US History (6 hours because it was divided into 2 courses that covered different time periods in american history), World History, and College Trig. I took 12 hours and 16 hours my freshman year and now I'm taking 16 hours this semester. 6 hours in one summer and 5 hours in another.
 
Thanks for the replies. I actually live in cali and go to UCSD. It would be nice to go to a cali school, but from what I've heard, they pretty much require a B.S. for admission. 🙁
 
Thanks for the replies. I actually live in cali and go to UCSD. It would be nice to go to a cali school, but from what I've heard, they pretty much require a B.S. for admission. 🙁

Yeah, basically... Only Touro, CNCP, and USC actually SAY it, but the admission numbers tell the story. That said, UoP had the highest number of folks admitted sans 4-year degree out of all the CA schools. A huge number of their students come from SJ Delta College, which is about 1/2 a block away down Pacific Ave.
 
Thanks for the replies. I actually live in cali and go to UCSD. It would be nice to go to a cali school, but from what I've heard, they pretty much require a B.S. for admission. 🙁


LOL. Sucks for you...I dropped out of UCSD so I can enter pharmacy school FASTER. I didn't want to earn a BS just to enter a profession that didn't require it. That's why I'm ready to move out of California.

P.S. Doesn't doing DOC or MMW (whatever college you're from) suck so much? HAHA! I hate that damn college system.
 
Thanks, I will look into UoP.
And yes, we had this practicum we have to do for sixth college. I regret going to UCSD...
 
Didn't we just have a thread on this topic?

Only like 4 pharmacy programs in the nation require an undergraduate degree.

Sure, a fair amount of people that get into pharmacy school might have a BA or BS, but a definite sizable portion of admitted students do not have any degree what so ever.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a Bachelor of Pharmacy degree from a university in India...that s equivalent to B.S.in pharmacy as per WES...I am thinking of completing my prerequisites here in US as most of the unis I have talked to wanted me to complete my prereqs from any college or uni in the US of A. My question is: Do I stand a chance of getting into Pharm D?