applying to SMPs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snipermonkey

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!
I just applied to: BU MAMS, Cinncinati, Tufts, EVMS and Temple
Iam applying to three more and just wanted to know which ones are better than others:

im considering
1) UMDNJ 2) Toledo 3) Drexel 4) USF 5) Rosalind Franklin.

Help me :):confused::confused::confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Need to know your stats further before advising which programs to enter.

UT and RFU MBS are both high linkage programs back into their own school.

USF IMS has changed a bit but I think Guju can answer that far better than I can.

UMDNJ Newark is a good program according to WUBear but it's intrinsic on your own performance and motivation to stand out amongst your may classmates.

well,
my gpa is 3.1 (yeah, it is low)
but my MCAT is a 33.
how did USF change to? it is not that great anymore?

Members don't see this ad :)
well,
my gpa is 3.1 (yeah, it is low)
but my MCAT is a 33.
how did USF change to? it is not that great anymore?

your numbers are fine for USF IMS, provided your EC's and LOR's are essentially set now. numbers vary across the board so idk to what extent they factor into the IMS admissions but they will matter afterwards.

USF is going away from the IMS program at some point in the future but will have a class next year. some want to speculate about what happened in the past or what's going to happen...whatever, it doesn't really matter. USF IMS program = a full year of the complete basic science sequence at an allopathic school w/ anatomy lab. get in, do well (or very well) and no one is going to downplay that huge bullet on your application.

but for now it's no longer the 15 students or 20 (whatever the description said)...it's actually 11 of us in with the MD and DPT students. it's also the cheapest of the SMP's (I could be wrong but $12,000ish is where it stands now for in-state). PM me if you have more questions.

Your numbers are fine for all the programs listed and some more. I'd go with VCU or UCinn to be honest

If you're an NJ or VA resident, then UMDNJ or EVMS win. Instate tuition.

I'd take Drexel off the list and add Loyola.

thanks for all the comments guys.
unfortunately, im a NY resident.
I was thinking of applying to USF until i talked to guju...
i heard USF IMS is not the same anymore...