Applying to the big chains question.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

trailerpark

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How do you apply to the big chains when you don’t have a specific location you want? I just want a position in a certain state, but for example when I go to Wal-Mart’s website, or a lot of the other chains’ websites, you have to pick the specific job location and apply just to that one. How do you just apply to the company as a whole and say you would take any open position in New York State or wherever? For Wal-Mart there’s a couple positions throughout NY State, but do I need to submit the same application for every NY listing, seems tedious…
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm talking about applying online. Do I just pick one of the locations and hope they offer me other locations if that one is fill or complete an application for every position listed on the website...?
 
I just want to apply online and not have to worry about harassing anyone by phone until they're begging to give me a J.O.B.
 
I just want to apply online and not have to worry about harassing anyone by phone until they're begging to give me a J.O.B.
Begging to give you a job?

Anyway, I think a lot of companies don't even look at the online apps much. I would get the DM's contact info and contact him directly.