applying to usc..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

b'lore

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys...
i have a question regarding university of southern california..in their webiste it has been given that they accept ece or ierf,but in the application which i have downloaded
http://www.usc.edu/hsc/dental/images_media/admissions/aspid_application_2007.pdf
it says they accept wes also..anybody has submitted wes evaluation to USC??please help me in this as i just started with application procedures and deadlines are approaching..
-thanks for your help..

Members don't see this ad.

they accept only ECE
i hope it is useful
preethi
b'lore said:
hi guys...
i have a question regarding university of southern california..in their webiste it has been given that they accept ece or ierf,but in the application which i have downloaded
http://www.usc.edu/hsc/dental/images_media/admissions/aspid_application_2007.pdf
it says they accept wes also..anybody has submitted wes evaluation to USC??please help me in this as i just started with application procedures and deadlines are approaching..
-thanks for your help..

PREETHI said:
they accept only ECE
i hope it is useful
preethi

thanks for your help,preethi..

Members don't see this ad :)
b'lore said:
thanks for your help,preethi..
hai,
I had the same doubt,i just mailed them and got a reply that we could attach WES .So its upto u to decide which one you r goin to send.

guys those aplplying to usc please post your scores.Keep the thread alive for USC.
Also please be open to discuss your plans about training for technical exams,in california schools.I live in tampa florida .

my scores are:
ndb 1-85
Toefl-253

profile76 said:
hai,
I had the same doubt,i just mailed them and got a reply that we could attach WES .So its upto u to decide which one you r goin to send.

guys those aplplying to usc please post your scores.Keep the thread alive for USC.
Also please be open to discuss your plans about training for technical exams,in california schools.I live in tampa florida .

my scores are:
ndb 1-85
Toefl-253

Thats a good piece of info.i called them up yesterday but nobody answered.if we can attach WES then i will definitely apply to USC.my scores are part 1-89% and toefl- 253

hi my name is shafaq im bds from pakistan i have submitted my evaluation to ece but no respond since 1/12 year tell me what i do thanks

muhammad ali said:
hi my name is shafaq im bds from pakistan i have submitted my evaluation to ece but no respond since 1/12 year tell me what i do thanks
Pls call them and find out

b'lore said:
hi guys...
-thanks for your help..

usc is accepting wes too. i called and asked. they said they are accepting wes evaluations.

hi guys,
those of you who applied for USC,in the application it says that we are supposed to submit one complete official transcript of our academic record in a signed and sealed envelope from the institution. can someone tell me what does it mean?do we have to submit the transcript from our past dental school directly to USC?would appreciate all of your help in this..
-Thanks,
b'lore

hey, applicants from india- non US residents..r ull sending ur financial statement with the application packet itself...or is it better to send it only if invited for interview??
also abt the official transcripts, pls let us know..does my dental school need to send it or can i get it signed and sealed from my school and send it along with the app packet??

b'lore said:
hi guys,
those of you who applied for USC,in the application it says that we are supposed to submit one complete official transcript of our academic record in a signed and sealed envelope from the institution. can someone tell me what does it mean?do we have to submit the transcript from our past dental school directly to USC?would appreciate all of your help in this..
-Thanks,
b'lore

Exactly... your transcripts have to be attested from your dental school and sent directly from your dental school to USC. I think this is mentioned clearly on the application form...
:thumbup: Good Luck

doea anyone know who to email at usc for application queries??i called them but no one answered..im really confused abt the transcripts...how can u expeact ur dental school to mail it directly?i asked my school n they refused to do that...they gave me a signed n sealed envelope n told me to mail it myself.....wat to do??any advice

rachna said:
doea anyone know who to email at usc for application queries??i called them but no one answered..im really confused abt the transcripts...how can u expeact ur dental school to mail it directly?i asked my school n they refused to do that...they gave me a signed n sealed envelope n told me to mail it myself.....wat to do??any advice

John Marfield is no longer with USC as a admissions advisor for the ASPID program. You can email to the new advisor, Meghan McKenna, her email is:[email protected]

rachna said:

hey rachna
i send them sealed envelope and they accepted it..dont worry they do that
also regarding financial aid statement i called them and asked they said its required once you are in ..so dont worry if still you need to confirm call them on this no in usc..
213-740-2851
they 'll answer your call here
hope that relaxed you :)

hey indian bds...
did u send them a notarized copy??I have a notarized copy with the school stamp and signed...will that be ok??or should i send my original copy?
indian bds said:
hey rachna
i send them sealed envelope and they accepted it..dont worry they do that
also regarding financial aid statement i called them and asked they said its required once you are in ..so dont worry if still you need to confirm call them on this no in usc..
213-740-2851
they 'll answer your call here
hope that relaxed you :)

hi guys,
usc accepts ierf too.........please check the website.

rachna said:
hi! rachna ,,,i called them for the same concern....u can send the notarized copies of ur marks cards...if u r selected for the interview then they will c the originals...thats what i was told....heay what r ur stats?mine are NBDE-92.TOFEL-253 and GPA-3.29

Hi guys,
I was in the same boat 2 yrs ago and was concerned about the transcripts. However John (Marfield) suggested that I needn't worry about it till I got in and asked me to send in the attested ones that I had from each year at dental school but that had to get back in touch with my University (not my school) for the transcripts. They mailed them to USC directly.
And yes, USC accepts wes. Hope that helps.
One important thing to remember for getting into USC....do well at the practical test and the mock PBL. If they like your work and attitude during the PBL session...you're definitely in!

All the best! :luck:

I was told the same thing, for now notarised copies will do, u can take the originals for the interview.

elementz said:
Hi guys,
I was in the same boat 2 yrs ago and was concerned about the transcripts. However John (Marfield) suggested that I needn't worry about it till I got in and asked me to send in the attested ones that I had from each year at dental school but that had to get back in touch with my University (not my school) for the transcripts. They mailed them to USC directly.
And yes, USC accepts wes. Hope that helps.
One important thing to remember for getting into USC....do well at the practical test and the mock PBL. If they like your work and attitude during the PBL session...you're definitely in!

All the best! :luck:

hi guys...
i wanna know about the last page in the application for USC...there are these questions and 2-3 lines to answer them ..and these are the questions which are a part of SOP, Dental goals and CV...do v hav to answer them even if v attach all these supplements or can u write ' kindly see the attachments ' ...

pls throw some light on this..

thx in advance..

NASA said:
hi guys...
i wanna know about the last page in the application for USC...there are these questions and 2-3 lines to answer them ..and these are the questions which are a part of SOP, Dental goals and CV...do v hav to answer them even if v attach all these supplements or can u write ' kindly see the attachments ' ...

pls throw some light on this..

thx in advance..
hi
yes u can attach a sheet which answer all the questions. on the sheet of the application u can start answering the q , then write continued on the attached sheet and continue on a seperate sheet. just specify the q no.
hope this would help

Anyone looking for compressor for California practicals please look at the Sales forum
Supertooth