Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

applying to usc..

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by b'lore, Jul 26, 2006.

1. b'lore

b'lore Member

hi guys...
    i have a question regarding university of southern california..in their webiste it has been given that they accept ece or ierf,but in the application which i have downloaded
    http://www.usc.edu/hsc/dental/images_media/admissions/aspid_application_2007.pdf
    it says they accept wes also..anybody has submitted wes evaluation to USC??please help me in this as i just started with application procedures and deadlines are approaching..
    -thanks for your help..

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. PREETHI

PREETHI Member

Dental Student
    they accept only ECE
    i hope it is useful
    preethi

4. b'lore

b'lore Member

thanks for your help,preethi..

5. profile76

profile76 Member

hai,
    I had the same doubt,i just mailed them and got a reply that we could attach WES .So its upto u to decide which one you r goin to send.

guys those aplplying to usc please post your scores.Keep the thread alive for USC.
    Also please be open to discuss your plans about training for technical exams,in california schools.I live in tampa florida .

my scores are:
    ndb 1-85
    Toefl-253

6. b'lore

b'lore Member

Thats a good piece of info.i called them up yesterday but nobody answered.if we can attach WES then i will definitely apply to USC.my scores are part 1-89% and toefl- 253

7. muhammad ali

muhammad ali Banned
    Banned

hi my name is shafaq im bds from pakistan i have submitted my evaluation to ece but no respond since 1/12 year tell me what i do thanks

8. rajjos77

rajjos77 Member

Pls call them and find out

9. desidoctor

desidoctor Junior Member

usc is accepting wes too. i called and asked. they said they are accepting wes evaluations.

10. b'lore

b'lore Member

hi guys,
    those of you who applied for USC,in the application it says that we are supposed to submit one complete official transcript of our academic record in a signed and sealed envelope from the institution. can someone tell me what does it mean?do we have to submit the transcript from our past dental school directly to USC?would appreciate all of your help in this..
    -Thanks,
    b'lore

11. rachna

rachna Member

Dental Student
    hey, applicants from india- non US residents..r ull sending ur financial statement with the application packet itself...or is it better to send it only if invited for interview??
    also abt the official transcripts, pls let us know..does my dental school need to send it or can i get it signed and sealed from my school and send it along with the app packet??

12. HYDBDS

Non-Student

Exactly... your transcripts have to be attested from your dental school and sent directly from your dental school to USC. I think this is mentioned clearly on the application form...
    :thumbup: Good Luck

13. rachna

rachna Member

Dental Student
    doea anyone know who to email at usc for application queries??i called them but no one answered..im really confused abt the transcripts...how can u expeact ur dental school to mail it directly?i asked my school n they refused to do that...they gave me a signed n sealed envelope n told me to mail it myself.....wat to do??any advice

14. evaluna1847

evaluna1847 Junior Member

John Marfield is no longer with USC as a admissions advisor for the ASPID program. You can email to the new advisor, Meghan McKenna, her email is:[email protected]

15. indian bds

Dental Student
    hey rachna
    i send them sealed envelope and they accepted it..dont worry they do that
    also regarding financial aid statement i called them and asked they said its required once you are in ..so dont worry if still you need to confirm call them on this no in usc..
    213-740-2851
    they 'll answer your call here
    hope that relaxed you :)

16. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

17. rachna

rachna Member

Dental Student
    hey indian bds...
    did u send them a notarized copy??I have a notarized copy with the school stamp and signed...will that be ok??or should i send my original copy?

18. godbless

Pre-Dental
    hi guys,
    usc accepts ierf too.........please check the website.

19. cavity79

cavity79 Junior Member

Dental Student
    hi! rachna ,,,i called them for the same concern....u can send the notarized copies of ur marks cards...if u r selected for the interview then they will c the originals...thats what i was told....heay what r ur stats?mine are NBDE-92.TOFEL-253 and GPA-3.29

20. elementz

elementz Happiness and Sunshine:)

Hi guys,
    I was in the same boat 2 yrs ago and was concerned about the transcripts. However John (Marfield) suggested that I needn't worry about it till I got in and asked me to send in the attested ones that I had from each year at dental school but that had to get back in touch with my University (not my school) for the transcripts. They mailed them to USC directly.
    And yes, USC accepts wes. Hope that helps.
    One important thing to remember for getting into USC....do well at the practical test and the mock PBL. If they like your work and attitude during the PBL session...you're definitely in!

All the best! :luck:

21. ash23wariya

ash23wariya Junior Member

I was told the same thing, for now notarised copies will do, u can take the originals for the interview.

22. NASA

NASA Non-stop AS Always

hi guys...
    i wanna know about the last page in the application for USC...there are these questions and 2-3 lines to answer them ..and these are the questions which are a part of SOP, Dental goals and CV...do v hav to answer them even if v attach all these supplements or can u write ' kindly see the attachments ' ...

pls throw some light on this..

thx in advance..

23. desidoctor

desidoctor Junior Member

hi
    yes u can attach a sheet which answer all the questions. on the sheet of the application u can start answering the q , then write continued on the attached sheet and continue on a seperate sheet. just specify the q no.
    hope this would help

24. Supertooth

Supertooth Junior Member

Anyone looking for compressor for California practicals please look at the Sales forum
    Supertooth