Applying While Retaking Gen Chem

Started by lbj15
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lbj15

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received a C- in the first chem requirement at UCLA. However, I have improved my grades for all of the other pre med requirements. I can get around a 3.5 by application time and plan to take the MCAT in march/april. since a lot of med schools say that you need a minimum of C in all pre reqs, I plan to retake the first chem this summer. Can I retake the course while I send out my application? Or will I be an automatic rejection/ not receive secondaries without the retaken class being complete?