applying with alotta missing pre req?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fujindesu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm missing 1 bio, 1 gchem, 2 ochem, and 5 labs, maybe 1 more biochem depends on schools. I'm confident that I can finish them in the coming quarters. I do have a BS and working on a MS in engineering.

3.5-3.6 GPA 21AA 23PAT, applying to 30 schools. Are the adcoms gonna take my app seriously? thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

how did you score like that on the DAT without taking none of the Orgos or G chemistries? lol

Hey guys, I'm missing 1 bio, 1 gchem, 2 ochem, and 5 labs, maybe 1 more biochem depends on schools. I'm confident that I can finish them in the coming quarters. I do have a BS and working on a MS in engineering.

3.5-3.6 GPA 21AA 23PAT, applying to 30 schools. Are the adcoms gonna take my app seriously? thanks in advance

Either there is a dead fish around or we have a severe case of cerebral hypoxia. Would you hire a bio major to help you with your engineering projects that do require a background in engineering? Since you did so well on the DAT without any background in sciences, maybe they will just promote you straight to clinic.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
yeah, you kind of need the prereqs that are on the DAT...ochem/gchem/bio in order to do well and to have the "BCP GPA" for adcoms to review and evaluate you. Physics can be done later but the core requirements should probably be done prior to applying. Maybe some can get away without taking ochem 2 before...?

Either there is a dean fish around or we have a severe case of cerebral hypoxia. Would you hire a bio major to help you with your engineering projects that do require a background in engineering? Since you did so well on the DAT without any background in sciences, maybe they will just promote you straight to clinic.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

As long as you have them all completed before you matriculate, then you're fine. However, it may hurt your chances a bit. As what the others said, adcoms need to see your science GPA in order to evaluate you. Without having those courses completed, your science GPA is pretty much incomplete. But, looking at your DAT score, that should give them a pretty good indication of how well you are with your science knowledge.

This was actually a serious question lol. I watched chads video and hippo campus for a month to prepare for dat. Pat n math is not bad for engrs . Should I contact schools and tell them I'm serious. I would hire a bio or art major if he she has strong analytical skills. Hatuhs r gunnar hate

It's true my BCP science is almost nonexistent, but I think all the engineering classes do count towards science GPA.

I'm not even sure what cerebral hypoxia means before googling LOL, but I do know how to do finite element analysis on your tooth. If i could pursue a duo DDS/PhD in bio mechanics I would. It seems like a lot of the semi plastic materials being used are not well understood.

Thanks for ur inputs

Last edited:
This was actually a serious question lol. I watched chads video and hippo campus for a month to prepare for dat. Pat n math is not bad for engrs . Should I contact schools and tell them I'm serious. I would hire a bio or art major if he she has strong analytical skills. Hatuhs r gunnar hate

UPenn: Good afternoon, admissions office..
Fujindesu: I'm serious.
UPenn:....

I dunno. I just foresee a rather awkward conversation.

UPenn: Good afternoon, admissions office..
Fujindesu: I'm serious.
UPenn:....

I dunno. I just foresee a rather awkward conversation.

:banana: that would be awkward, I'm gonna apply to UPenn thou. I guess no one's been in this situation before, I will update the community if I do get admitted.

It's true my BCP science is almost nonexistent, but I think all the engineering classes do count towards science GPA.

I'm not even sure what cerebral hypoxia means before googling LOL, but I do know how to do finite element analysis on your tooth. If i could pursue a duo DDS/PhD in bio mechanics I would. It seems like a lot of the semi plastic materials being used are not well understood.

While you are at it, you should be googling pre requisites. There are schools that offer DDS/PhD programs.

卧草泥马

I think your stats are solid and they will know you are serious. I wouldn't worry about calling them, just make sure you have all the correct classes listed in your planned coursework.

Also, I put your chinese quote into google translate and it translates as "lying mud horse." hahaha

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't a lot of these schools require these classes to be complete? If you can finish them before starting dental school, I say go for it.

he mad cuz he bad

Are you trying to be cute and funny? Or just looking to make enemies ? You started with an honest question and now you're just looking ridiculously immature. This is grade-school drivel.

Are you trying to be cute and funny? Or just looking to make enemies ? You started with an honest question and now you're just looking ridiculously immature. This is grade-school drivel.

lol thanks for everyone that gave a serious answer. but why take someone's sarcasm seriously when they don't take your question seriously? chillax, making enemy on interweb has gotta be the most efficient way for me to use my time. Athene came back to help Swifty.

I don't know about 30 schools, but I can hold my breath underwater for 30+ seconds, does that count? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Your analogy has the attribute of a engineering project gone awry.

Kinda in the same situation bud, gotta retake Ochem II and Finish up Anatomy/Phys/ Biochem 2 this year. Not sweating it too hard but I am going to call the schools to inform them that I'm retaking Ochem since I wasn't planning on it in the first place.

Got into dental school, just information for future non trad searchers.
I still got a couple interviews to go to, not having pre req does not kill your chances at d school.

holla back toothache

Tell me more about your application! I'm a graduate with a degree in marketing and sales and don't want to take another 1.5 years of pre recs.

What schools are you interviewing? Just want to know if its possible to go into dental school without a traditional biology major.

As long as you put all your missing prereqs in your planned/in-progress courses, schools will grant you interviews and offer acceptances. It's your responsibility to eventually show them a transcript May/June that shows everything's done, though. Otherwise, you're not allowed to formally register.

Tell me more about your application! I'm a graduate with a degree in marketing and sales and don't want to take another 1.5 years of pre recs.

What schools are you interviewing? Just want to know if its possible to go into dental school without a traditional biology major.

cleanup is right, you will have to take these classes at one point or another to get into d school. I have fulltime class load scheduled all the way up til a few weeks before d school starts to meet their requirement.

Here's my advise to you, get 20+ on DAT, apply early(June 1st), do your research, and apply broadly (~ 15ish schools). Since ur in marketing/sales I assume u have no problem w/ interviewing.

There is nothing on the DAT that you can't teach yourself, I watched Chad's video while shadowing, taking classes and playing starcraft 2 (master league, holla) , WOW (gladiator, holla).

Schools publicly don't admit it, but we are at a disadvantage. I called up a few schools that rejected me, and often the answer I get is not enough "dental involvement", "academic interest" mismatch. Don't forget to apply for jobs while applying for d school, admission is by no means a given.

There will be schools that reject you because you're non bio with no science classes, there will be people on this forum that make sarcastic remarks in your attempt at dental school. But, I will be rooting for all your non trads.

Last edited:
Got into dental school, just information for future non trad searchers. I still got a couple interviews to go to, not having pre req does not kill your chances at d school. holla back toothache

Congrats! We can finally start breathing again. It looks like the shotgun approach worked out well. Incidentally, getting accepted into ds is the easy part; the harder part is coming up.

Congrats! We can finally start breathing again. It looks like the shotgun approach worked out well. Incidentally, getting accepted into ds is the easy part; the harder part is coming up.
I disagree. Getting in is the hard part. Getting through is the easy part. What is graduation rate for enrollees?

I disagree. Getting in is the hard part. Getting through is the easy part. What is graduation rate for enrollees?

You missed the gist. While the attrition rate between 5-10% is seemingly low, it should be at 0%.