Apr 1, 2010
Atlanta
Status
Pre-Medical
I was arrested as a freshman and convicted of disorderly conduct. The incident involved a verbal argument on campus at approximately noon with parking officials towing my car which was parked on the curb outside my dorm. After a few bike cops passed by, I calmed down and proceeded to return to my nearby dorm. Before entering my dorm, I loudly screamed some inappropriate language directed into the air. The cops immediately arrested me for the profanity. Has anyone personally been accepted or matriculated with a criminal record of any kind? Or otherwise, how do you think this will affect my chances if the situation and my growth and maturation in response to it are adequately addressed on the AMCAS, secondaries and in interviews?

BenUstudent

BenUAlumni
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2008
Chicago, IL
Status
Medical Student
April Fools?
first Rosa the daytrader and now A former Senator gets arrested.
So is April fools is Troll day?

auburnO5

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2008
Status
Medical Student
April Fools?
first Rosa the daytrader and now A former Senator gets arrested.
So is April fools is Troll day?
I was sad to see Rosa's thread go... maybe Bob Dole will have some better luck.

Apr 1, 2010
Atlanta
Status
Pre-Medical
OMG, I am so pissed with everyone thinking all my threads are April Fools Jokes!!!!!!!!!! SDN needs to address this. I am sorry for my sn, but it is a long running inside joke with my friends from high school and it has been a widely used sn for me ever since. This is a serious a legitimate question! I have been rejected from all 20 schools I have applied to despite extremely good credentials. And, I feel the only reason might be this stupid arrest from over 3 years ago. Which I feel is a gross overreaction to a stupid freshman mistake that shouldn't ruin the rest of me life. And, I was merely asking if anyone else had this issue!!!

Last edited:

searun

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
You are a naughty boy, a very naughty boy. Were you spanked? Hard?

Apr 23, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Was it a misdemeanor? I have two disorderly conducts but they were only citations and not misdemeanors so I did not have to list them on AMCAS. On some secondaries that asked if I had ever been arrested I answered yes to those.

Regardless I applied to 20 schools. 6 interview invites, 2 acceptances and a wait list. My stats are competitive. Not sure why you did not have any luck

docforsure

7+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2010
Status
Non-Student
I honestly don't believe that's going to tip the scale either way for you. You're applying for medical school, not sainthood

PedsDoc14

5+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2010
Status
No you probably weren't rejected because of the incident in question alone. I gained several acceptances this year with a freshman year arrest and have another friend in medical school now who also had trouble when he was 18. Adcoms are actual people, and they understand that real people make mistakes, especially 18 year-olds who are by their very nature imprudent and stupid. Be completely honest about the incident and what you have (hopefully) learned about it. If you brush it off, or come across in any way as blaming the authorities, it will hurt you, otherwise it most likely isn't the reason it didn't work out this cycle. The process is brutal but not petty.

BenUstudent

BenUAlumni
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2008
Chicago, IL
Status
Medical Student
OMG, I am so pissed with everyone thinking all my threads are April Fools Jokes!!!!!!!!!! SDN needs to address this. I am sorry for my sn, but it is a long running inside joke with my friends from high school and it has been a widely used sn for me ever since. This is a serious a legitimate question! I have been rejected from all 20 schools I have applied to despite extremely good credentials. And, I feel the only reason might be this stupid arrest from over 3 years ago. Which I feel is a gross overreaction to a stupid freshman mistake that shouldn't ruin the rest of me life. And, I was merely asking if anyone else had this issue!!!
What do you mean by All Threads when You only have two post!
TROLL