Jun 22, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi All,

I have only recently decided to apply to MD/PhD programs instead of just applying to PhD only programs. My one concern is that I am finishing up my Junior year now and I have yet to take physics II. I can either take it next fall or in the summer (which would cost a lot of money unfortunately). I would feel comfortable taking the MCAT without it, since I took it in high school and I've used some E&M in other courses, but I'm worried schools might not look favorably on someone applying without finishing all of the prerecs?

Any thoughts?

Thank you

Shifty B

10+ Year Member
Aug 13, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
Doesn't matter.

Take it in the fall. No reason to waste your summer taking a physics prerequisite. Better to be doing research and buffing up your research credentials. Then, when you fill out AMCAS you can list it as courses for Fall 10. I doubt anyone will even notice.

I think only organic chemistry must be taken before the application because they will be looking for your grade.

Mazelia

Enginerd
10+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2008
Status
MD/PhD Student
When I applied, I still needed to take most of my biology, all biology labs, and some gen chem labs (engineering undergrad, decided to apply to med school kind of late in the game). Like Shifty B said... no one even noticed.