Applying without everything complete

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheNeptune

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
"APPLY EARLY!! Do NOT wait for PTCAS to receive all of your materials before you submit your application. It can take up to 4-5 weeks to process your file once it is "complete" (application, fee payment and all U.S.transcripts received)."

I was wondering if I can apply even if one of my references hasn't submitted their LOR and my hours haven't been verified yet. Other than that, my application is complete. Am I able to apply?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Neptune,

Southernswimmer is correct. You can and SHOULD E-submit if everything else is complete.

*From the ptcas frequently asked questions page*

Can I update my PT Observation Hours experience after I have e-submitted my application?

A: It depends. If you selected “electronic” verification type, you may update your in-progress PT Observation experiences, unless verification is already pending on the experience. You can NOT update any PT experiences marked as “Complete” or experiences verified with an uploaded form.

(https://portal.ptcas.org/ptcasHelpPages/frequently-asked-questions/pt-observation-hours/index.html)

Q: Do I have to wait for my references to be received at PTCAS before I can e-submit my application?

A: No. You can and should e-submit your PTCAS application as soon as you are confident that you have filled it out completely and accurately. You are always able to check the status of your documents in the “Status > References” section on the right-hand side of your application

(https://portal.ptcas.org/ptcasHelpP...tters-of-recommendation-references/index.html)

Hi Neptune,

Southernswimmer is correct. You can and SHOULD E-submit if everything else is complete.

*From the ptcas frequently asked questions page*

Can I update my PT Observation Hours experience after I have e-submitted my application?

A: It depends. If you selected “electronic” verification type, you may update your in-progress PT Observation experiences, unless verification is already pending on the experience. You can NOT update any PT experiences marked as “Complete” or experiences verified with an uploaded form.

(https://portal.ptcas.org/ptcasHelpPages/frequently-asked-questions/pt-observation-hours/index.html)

Q: Do I have to wait for my references to be received at PTCAS before I can e-submit my application?

A: No. You can and should e-submit your PTCAS application as soon as you are confident that you have filled it out completely and accurately. You are always able to check the status of your documents in the “Status > References” section on the right-hand side of your application

(https://portal.ptcas.org/ptcasHelpP...tters-of-recommendation-references/index.html)
I feel rather foolish! I must have skimmed past those. Thank you for your help!

coming off of this question.... should I have not submitted my transcripts until after my Summer 2015 grades are posted? PTCAS has actually already received my transcripts, but they will be without my summer grades... would I have to resubmit them or just post these grades on my own to PTCAS?
So, should I also wait to esubmit my application until my summer grades are in so that I can manually add them?
Thank you:)

I have the same question as krissybear. I'm taking the second physics lab and abnormal psych right now. Physics lab ends next week and abnormal around the 23rd. Should I e-submit my application already or just wait for abnormal to be done? I've been debating about this for awhile now. Thanks guys, really appreciate it!

I'm assuming that when you submit, your personal statement/essay needs to be completed also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you need/want your summer grades to count, you have to wait until after they are complete on your transcript. Otherwise, the schools won't "see" them until academic update in December. For most people, it's a plus to have the GPA boost from summer classes.

can you still add observation to your application once submitted??