Applying without MCAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

purple1998

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm trying to figure out what my best option would be here. I am finishing up my last pre-req this summer (will be done first week of August) and I am also taking the MCAT in August. I know this is late but I am a non-trad student and this was the soonest I could do it.

Is this way too late to apply for this cycle? Should I just try anyway and submit my application without my MCAT score/pre-req grade? Or is that even allowed? Any information would be really helpful as I am so confused on the whole process.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Highly ill advise on this.

You have two options: list a "throwaway" school (option 1) or list all schools (option 2)

Your MCAT won't get scored until September. So if you go option 1, you are safe from being a reapplicant next year but then you won't be complete until after you apply to those schools AND finish secondaries (October-November)

With option 2, you can be complete by September but you run the risk of being a reapplicant to all of those schools next year

Highly ill advise on this.

You have two options: list a "throwaway" school (option 1) or list all schools (option 2)

Your MCAT won't get scored until September. So if you go option 1, you are safe from being a reapplicant next year but then you won't be complete until after you apply to those schools AND finish secondaries (October-November)

With option 2, you can be complete by September but you run the risk of being a reapplicant to all of those schools next year

Yeah, I figured it was sort of risky...I'm looking at Cooper Medical school in NJ primarily...not sure if that matters at all. I feel like I'd almost be better off just waiting a year, but that "what-if" always haunts me

Thanks for the reply!