Applying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hello1996

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, guys so I will be retaking the MCAT, and my score will be released on May 1.

- For the MCAT how long did it take for AACPMAS to receive your score?
- I want to apply as soon as possible after receiving the new score. If I add my new score on
aacpmas on May 1, would the podiatry schools see the score I added before the aacpmas officially
receives the score?

- For the AACPMAS verification, I was wondering how long did it take after you applied?

Members don't see this ad.

How bad was your MCAT?

You could still apply now and get interviews at places if your GPA is a 3.0+ and MCAT 490+.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, guys so I will be retaking the MCAT, and my score will be released on May 1.

- I want to apply as soon as possible after receiving the new score. If I add my new score on
aacpmas on May 1, would the podiatry schools see the score I added before the aacpmas officially
receives the score?

- For the AACPMAS verification, I was wondering how long did it take after you applied?

So depending on your first score, and GPA, you can still apply and get an interview. If you're more dependent on the MCAT, then wait. Apps close in June, but I believe a lot of schools will still interview and will have spots, especially if they're a bigger school.

AACPMAS, as far as I can tell, is a bit slow when it comes to retrieving MCAT scores. It took them about 2 weeks for me, which I thought was due to Thanksgiving, but I guess quite a few people had problems with verifying scores. My suggestion is, call if they aren't verified after 2 weeks.

Pod schools would also be able to see your unverified scores. But they need them verified before an official offer is made.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)

receives the score?

I have known candidates that got accepted into a podiatry during the end of May for some strange reason. So therefore, the AACPMAS should receive your score before the cycle closes for this year. They are a flexible organization that are advocating for more podiatric physicians, so they will give you some slack.

No excuse for that.

People on this site can take the MCAT with no prep and score what you scored.

You need to stop rushing things, take the MCAT seriously, and then reapply.
I took the 1st one without any prep; I was taking a full load of classes and ended up not finding the time to study.

I took the 1st one without any prep; I was taking a full load of classes and ended up not finding the time to study.

I have to agree with Weirdy. You need to put in time for the MCAT. I do believe you have time to study for it. You probably need to organize yourself better in terms of studying for it. If it were personal issues, I understand but at the end, you need to dedicate time for it.

Podiatry school is NOT EASY. It's just like any other medical school out there. If you are struggling now, you have to imagine of what the scenario could be like if you were to attend podiatry school. Just a thought.

Reactions: 3 users