Appropriate to ask my writer to resend LOR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LUCPM

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it normally appropriate to ask my writer (DO) to resbumit a LOR that appears to be lost? If so, how would you ask politely? I don't wanna sound like another neurotic premed but it is holding up my secondary essays and I have an interview coming up on September 12th, which requires a LOR from DO to be sent by the date. It has been about 10-14 days since the letter was mailed out and it should been received at Interfolio by now (based on my previous experience, it only takes 5 business to show "letter received"). Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Is it normally appropriate to ask my writer (DO) to resbumit a LOR that appears to be lost? If so, how would you ask politely? I don't wanna sound like another neurotic premed but it is holding up my secondary essays and I have an interview coming up on September 12th, which requires a LOR from DO to be sent by the date. It has been about 10-14 days since the letter was mailed out and it should been received at Interfolio by now (based on my previous experience, it only takes 5 business to show "letter received"). Thanks in advance.

I had a letter go missing at one point and had to ask for another. I suggest that when you ask, you make sure that they know you believe they sent everything correctly and that the mail or interfolio are to blame. i.e. Give them the benefit of the doubt.

My subtle way of trying to ensure everything went well the second time was by offering them a pre- addressed and stamped envelope so they would only have to drop the letter in a mailbox and not trouble themselves.

"interfolio is telling me they haven't received the letter. probably the mail or them lost it. would you mind re-sending it?" offer to pay postage and what not.

Seriously, is it this hard?