Approved caribbean medical schools

Started by rnews2005
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rnews2005

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am planning to go to Caribbean medical school. I live in california. So can anybody let me know the list of approved caribbean medical school. also let me know the name of caribbean medical schools approved in most states.
 
I am planning to go to Caribbean medical school. I live in california. So can anybody let me know the list of approved caribbean medical school. also let me know the name of caribbean medical schools approved in most states.

The ones who are approved in California are SGU,AUC (not AUA) ROSS and SABA

all the schools are case by case basis

NY, TX and Fl approvals are for Clinicals ( not license as some believe)

There is no official "accreditation" of the schools reconigsed by all 50 states

but the schools need to be WHO and IMED listed ( yes WHO stopped listing schools after 2004 but the states still have the WHO requirement many times)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why do people always capitalize "ROSS" and "SABA"?

SGU and AUC are acronyms so it is proper to capitalize, but Ross and Saba are not acronyms.
 
Why do people always capitalize "ROSS" and "SABA"?

SGU and AUC are acronyms so it is proper to capitalize, but Ross and Saba are not acronyms.

Is this really important? I always do it and who cares? I think its more important to know what you are posting about since many confuse the schools while trying to trash them at the same time ( IE: AUA and AUC and MUA get confused, I even saw AUA being listed as SABA's sister school when its MUA) , showing that ignorance knows no boundaries.

If people would just post truthful verifiable information and not hearsay and conjecture then I would not need to post so much ( I'd shut up more !) :laugh: