-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
April 2015 NPTE
Started by Dinamoe
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
passed! first attempt, so happy not to have to study anymore
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations ! Which all books you referred?Hi guys, just want to share my experience with anyone that might need it. This was my third time taking the exam. First time i scored 599, was so painful. Did even worse the 2nd time around because I thought that since I came so close the first time, I just needed to brush up on a few things. I did only the IER and PT Final exam practice tests. The first exam(Oct 2014 npte) was a bit easy, while the 2nd was HARD. I blame myself either way. After the 2nd exam, I got a message from someone on the forum that did very well on the NPTE and what he told me was very helpful. He advised me to STUDY WIDE, NOT DEEP. Also, don't joke with your practice tests. Get as many as you can afford. I adopted a system for studying which I hope will be helpful for people hoping to take the NPTE. I first went through the O'sullivan review guide, then took a practice test. During the test, I made note of any question that I had difficulty with or that I spent more than 1 minute answering. After the test, I would go through those questions, reading up on the topics in various textbooks and watching videos where applicable. I did this for 10 practice tests. Scored 77%, 78% & 74.5% for the O'Sullivan tests, 77.5%, 78.5% & 73% for the scorebuilders, 75% for the practice PEAT and 86% for the retired NPTE PEAT exam. I think the PEAT really boosted my confidence. I hope this information is helpful in some way.
Hi, what state did you take the exam for? I have the same issue mine is Illinois state not sure give pass or fail status.Mine says score recieved from prometric 🙁 doesnt say if passed or failed waaaaaa 🙁(
dint u register with continental testing services to give the illinois board exam, if u did, then u will see your result on their website. All the bestHi, what state did you take the exam for? I have the same issue mine is Illinois state not sure give pass or fail status.
Congrats to those who passed. For those of us who did not, circle July 22nd on your calendar.
Hi guys, just want to share my experience with anyone that might need it. This was my third time taking the exam. First time i scored 599, was so painful. Did even worse the 2nd time around because I thought that since I came so close the first time, I just needed to brush up on a few things. I did only the IER and PT Final exam practice tests. The first exam(Oct 2014 npte) was a bit easy, while the 2nd was HARD. I blame myself either way. After the 2nd exam, I got a message from someone on the forum that did very well on the NPTE and what he told me was very helpful. He advised me to STUDY WIDE, NOT DEEP. Also, don't joke with your practice tests. Get as many as you can afford. I adopted a system for studying which I hope will be helpful for people hoping to take the NPTE. I first went through the O'sullivan review guide, then took a practice test. During the test, I made note of any question that I had difficulty with or that I spent more than 1 minute answering. After the test, I would go through those questions, reading up on the topics in various textbooks and watching videos where applicable. I did this for 10 practice tests. Scored 77%, 78% & 74.5% for the O'Sullivan tests, 77.5%, 78.5% & 73% for the scorebuilders, 75% for the practice PEAT and 86% for the retired NPTE PEAT exam. I think the PEAT really boosted my confidence. I hope this information is helpful in some way.
It's scary how closely I can relate to you. Short version- my 3rd time as well. I had scored a 599 the first time (oct 2014), worse the second, passed this time. I put my faith in O'sullivans this time around and can't speak highly enough of that book. The O'sullivan practice tests are brutal but they are absolutely necessary to identify weak areas. It has been a long road and congratulations, I know exactly how you feel.
You're absolutely right. Congratulations to you too!! 🙂It's scary how closely I can relate to you. Short version- my 3rd time as well. I had scored a 599 the first time (oct 2014), worse the second, passed this time. I put my faith in O'sullivans this time around and can't speak highly enough of that book. The O'sullivan practice tests are brutal but they are absolutely necessary to identify weak areas. It has been a long road and congratulations, I know exactly how you feel.
Kisner, physical rehabilitation by O ' Sullivan, Goodman's differential diagnoses, Orthopedic physical assessment by Magee and Muscles by KendallCongratulations ! Which all books you referred?
Congratulations to everyone who passed. It's a big achievement. I'm so glad to hear so many people passed this time. Great.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys, so I passed the NPTE last April, I applied in NY..does anybody here have any idea how long will the license be posted on NYSED website? Thanks
the textbooks are the key. these exams are not easy. if you want to get an over all idea of any topic, textbooks are must.
I understand your point but these are huge textbooks, and it's time-consuming to read every page of these books. The whole point of the review books is to condense all the essential information into one book so you don't have to read 1000-page textbooks.
I understand your point but these are huge textbooks, and it's time-consuming to read every page of these books. The whole point of the review books is to condense all the essential information into one book so you don't have to read 1000-page textbooks.
But some chapter's in O'Sullivan Rehab are great to read. The stroke/SCI chapters are VERY important and at least were on the PEATs.
I called NYSED, they mentioned 3-4 weeks from the day of exam.Hi guys, so I passed the NPTE last April, I applied in NY..does anybody here have any idea how long will the license be posted on NYSED website? Thanks
I called yesterday, the person said that they need my Visa to release my license.. so I emailed them right away my PR card and called again to ask how long it will take for my name to be posted and they said to wait till the end of the day..It's the second day now and still waiting...🙁
Are you gonna follow up on them? I will call tomorrow.
🙂 I breathed a sight of relief now knowing that we have the same issue..
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 34
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K