April 30 v early May deadline - holding 2 acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wya2020

Reaction score
I’m stuck between two schools. I have a school that won’t tell me what campus I get until after the April 30 deadline bc usually a lot of students drop their As if they’re assigned one of the satellite campuses. This practice seems dishonest to me on behalf of the school to hold off on releasing all information to students prior to the deadline to make decisions as campus plays such a big role in student experience. Historically, when campus placements have been released prior to the 4/30 deadline, a lot of students at satellite campuses have dropped their As. I assume the school is trying to avoid that this year.

Am I allowed to hold two acceptances past the April 30 deadline?

What about until May 3 - few days extra just to find out my campus?

I really need to know what campus I get before I commit as they have different resources, quality of research, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
From AAMC:

"Plan to Enroll – beginning April 30
Plan to Enroll:
I have selected this medical school as the one I plan to attend in accordance with Protocol 9 of the Application and Acceptance Protocols for Applicants. By selecting "Plan to Enroll," I am communicating to all schools at which I hold an acceptance that I have a made a choice about the school at which I plan to enroll, and that I have withdrawn from my other acceptances, and hold only one acceptance. I understand that it is my responsibility to communicate with the other medical schools directly and to follow their school-specific processes to withdraw my application(s). I understand that I can continue to interview, remain on any waitlist, and receive additional acceptance offers. Beginning April 30th, medical schools can see which applicants have selected “Plan to Enroll” at their institution."

So it sounds like you definitively have to pick only one school as your PTE by April 30th. If anyone knows otherwise, please feel free to correct me.

Reactions: 1 users
I’m stuck between two schools. I have a school that won’t tell me what campus I get until after the April 30 deadline bc usually a lot of students drop their As if they’re assigned one of the satellite campuses. This practice seems dishonest to me on behalf of the school to hold off on releasing all information to students prior to the deadline to make decisions as campus plays such a big role in student experience. Historically, when campus placements have been released prior to the 4/30 deadline, a lot of students at satellite campuses have dropped their As. I assume the school is trying to avoid that this year.

Am I allowed to hold two acceptances past the April 30 deadline?

What about until May 3 - few days extra just to find out my campus?

I really need to know what campus I get before I commit as they have different resources, quality of research, etc.
Do you really think they’ll come in on Monday and send you an email saying what campus you’re assigned to? I don’t think they will. They will run a list of PTE students and you won’t be on it so they just might offer your seat to a WL student.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you really think they’ll come in on Monday and send you an email saying what campus you’re assigned to? I don’t think they will. They will run a list of PTE students and you won’t be on it so they just might offer your seat to a WL student.
Do schools reach out and offer warning or just rescind acceptances?

I was planning on waiting until April 30 to decide if there was no flexibility with the deadline - if I reach out pass the office hours am I flagged? I don’t want to be flagged because of a delay on the office’s end. Is there a time deadline by which to submit my PTE?

Do schools reach out and offer warning or just rescind acceptances?

I was planning on waiting until April 30 to decide if there was no flexibility with the deadline - if I reach out pass the office hours am I flagged? I don’t want to be flagged because of a delay on the office’s end. Is there a time deadline by which to submit my PTE?
Is there a reason why you're intentionally cutting it so close? Is there anything that would change between April 29th and April 30th that would really sway your decision? If you know where you want to go by April 29th, then put it in at midnight or something. I don't know the nuances of what happens after, but I wouldn't take the chance and have my acceptance offered to someone else because I missed the deadline by a couple hours.

Reactions: 2 users
Well you can wait until April 30. That’s not the issue. You want to wait until 5/3. I really don’t know if they reach out but why would/should they? And I’m not seeing how this is “a delay on the office’s end”. That’s their policy/practice and YOU have to abide by it. Follow the rules.

Well you can wait until April 30. That’s not the issue. You want to wait until 5/3. I really don’t know if they reach out but why would/should they? And I’m not seeing how this is “a delay on the office’s end”. That’s their policy/practice and YOU have to abide by it. Follow the rules.
The question of the delay I’m bringing up is - if I submit my decision by the end of the day on April 30 and email my schools that I want to rescind my offers, will I still be flagged as having multiple acceptances on Monday and risk my A being withdrawn even if the office just hasn’t updated my withdrawal on their end. Do I need to email offices prior to 5 pm or a deadline time-wise

Is there a reason why you're intentionally cutting it so close? Is there anything that would change between April 29th and April 30th that would really sway your decision? If you know where you want to go by April 29th, then put it in at midnight or something. I don't know the nuances of what happens after, but I wouldn't take the chance and have my acceptance offered to someone else because I missed the deadline by a couple hours.
How about? After all the work and you lose your seat. But He doesn’t want to decide until next week. So it’s not a couple of hours. The whole thing and his reasoning is making me dizzy.

• Love
The question of the delay I’m bringing up is - if I submit my decision by the end of the day on April 30 and email my schools that I want to rescind my offers, will I still be flagged as having multiple acceptances on Monday and risk my A being withdrawn even if the office just hasn’t updated my withdrawal on their end. Do I need to email offices prior to 5 pm or a deadline time-wise
OP go google “AMCAS PTE”and click on the link and read all about it. Schools know what they are doing, I have no idea why you think they might make a mistake. They won’t but you might if you wait until Monday to hit the big PTE button.

• Love
Just email your schools and ask. I was in a similar situation and just emailed my two choices: “What happens to my application if I don’t PTE on April 30 to your school?” One school said they would work with me on a potential extension, but would need to start moving the WL in mid-May. The other said that they wouldn’t be withdrawing any acceptances until their CTE deadline in July. Just ask. They’re not going to withdraw your A just for getting clarification before April 30.

Reactions: 1 user
And just a FYI to anyone still responding. There seems to be a major disconnect with this poster. In another thread (where he is wondering how to establish residency in Arizona) he said he wasn’t going to apply until 2022. So although we have been giving good information ...

And just a FYI to anyone still responding. There seems to be a major disconnect with this poster. In another thread (where he is wondering how to establish residency in Arizona) he said he wasn’t going to apply until 2022. So although we have been giving good information ...
I have to prove two years of financial independence prior to applying for in state tutition at UA. I have been accepted to UA. I would start in fall of this year and apply in summer of 2022 for in state residency. I would pay OOS tuition my first year.

I gained multiple acceptances, narrowed it down to two acceptances (UA and my instate school), and posted a question about clarifying the issue of finances. No need for hostility. Thank you.

Just email your schools and ask. I was in a similar situation and just emailed my two choices: “What happens to my application if I don’t PTE on April 30 to your school?” One school said they would work with me on a potential extension, but would need to start moving the WL in mid-May. The other said that they wouldn’t be withdrawing any acceptances until their CTE deadline in July. Just ask. They’re not going to withdraw your A just for getting clarification before April 30.
Thank you! Both offices were very accommodating so I really appreciate your advice

Reactions: 1 user