April MCAT vs. Spring break

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jofrbr76

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone who has taken the MCAT or is about to take it in april, did you go on spring break? I mean like an actual trip to like cancun, etc. or did you stay at home and study. I was just wondering since i'm planning on taking the test april '02. I can see positives for both options. Extra studying vs. relaxing before a final push. Comments?

Members don't see this ad.

LOTS and LOTS of studying. That is the one time before the test that school did not interfere with good long hours of study. Do some extra practice tests, go over the missed questions. I think it is a time to buckle down to prepare for the test, not a party time.

I stayed at school and studied like a good girl, while all my suite-mates went to Mexico -- I was beyond bitter, let me tell you. Anyways, it would probably depend what else you have coming up in April -- if you aren't really taking any classes in the spring (are you on quarters or sememsters?) and you can spend the last few weeks at the test center just doing practice tests, I think you could manage a spring break trip as long as you make certain rules for yourself -- no drinking, no wild partying, no activities that might get you arrested. If you don't think you are capable of that kind of restraint, I think it would be a bad idea. If you can restrain yourself, then you can review glycolysis and get a tan at the same time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah i am definetly planning on doing some serious studying that week, it's just my location that was in question. School is probably the best place to be.

On another note, i've been thinking about Taking a Kaplan course since they're supposedly holding one at my university. How soon do you need to register for these? Who do i need to talk to if i'm planning on taking one of these things? Again it's for the april '02 MCAT.

Spring break? WHat's that? I spent five days locked in my basement with a friend for 16 hours each day. I took the weekend off and slept. Spring break...huh!
sdm