ARB Recalls, what do you guys think?

Started by RX CARE
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RX CARE

Eye Have You!!
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok is it just me, or am I starting to realize that all the ARBs (sartans) were made with that NDEA crap. There seem to be trickle of recalls every few weeks, and then when you tell customers to not worry, theirs isn't on the list, it eventually turns up weeks or even months later. I am under the impression that a lot of manufacturers are still sitting on this and still trying to decide whether to issue the recalls.
At this point, I think we should just ban the entire class lol.
Losartan which seemed to be the last safe bet, just got several recalls this morning. I think these generic companies should start getting looked at from a legal standpoint and check if they are still withholding information about which lots are affected, or it may be that just about every single lot is affected but they don't want to acknowledge it for fear of hitting the bottom line.
Anyhoo, morning rant over....lol
 
I was literally complaining to someone the other day about this and literally said "stahppppppppp it". Frustrating to say the least.
 
Ok is it just me, or am I starting to realize that all the ARBs (sartans) were made with that NDEA crap. There seem to be trickle of recalls every few weeks, and then when you tell customers to not worry, theirs isn't on the list, it eventually turns up weeks or even months later. I am under the impression that a lot of manufacturers are still sitting on this and still trying to decide whether to issue the recalls.
At this point, I think we should just ban the entire class lol.
Losartan which seemed to be the last safe bet, just got several recalls this morning. I think these generic companies should start getting looked at from a legal standpoint and check if they are still withholding information about which lots are affected, or it may be that just about every single lot is affected but they don't want to acknowledge it for fear of hitting the bottom line.
Anyhoo, morning rant over....lol
It is just you. They aren't made with that.
It's a contaminant.

That's like saying all restaurants should ban hamburgers because people are finding roaches in burgers from two different chains.

Are you a pharmacist?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok is it just me, or am I starting to realize that all the ARBs (sartans) were made with that NDEA crap. There seem to be trickle of recalls every few weeks, and then when you tell customers to not worry, theirs isn't on the list, it eventually turns up weeks or even months later. I am under the impression that a lot of manufacturers are still sitting on this and still trying to decide whether to issue the recalls.
At this point, I think we should just ban the entire class lol.
Losartan which seemed to be the last safe bet, just got several recalls this morning. I think these generic companies should start getting looked at from a legal standpoint and check if they are still withholding information about which lots are affected, or it may be that just about every single lot is affected but they don't want to acknowledge it for fear of hitting the bottom line.
Anyhoo, morning rant over....lol
Run a QA report of the lot number and exp date with the manufacturer before dispensing
 
I just find it ironic that the general public is just fine with consuming nitrosamines found in various hot dogs & cured meats even despite warning making major news networks about ~2 decades ago...scare mongering @ it's best; I'm sure your average person has no recollection of what a nitrosamine is unless the news is shoving it down everyone's throats.