What would you do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sunshine98*

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would just go with the flow. I would work at my own pace. Yes, they can harass you for that but they can't fire you. If you just do your job and don't make any mistake, they'll need to build a case against you before they can fire you. That process takes time. Of course, you need to find a way out ASAP. Use your PTO, sick leave.

Also do not work unpaid. I know it is easy said than done (yes I worked many hours unpaid in retail), but working unpaid is a ground for termination.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Well at least do not work unpaid! So many issues with this

Sounds like an environment where everyone just does whatever the **** they feel like regardless of priorities, accountability….sigh. Find a way out

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Like above poster said, never work unpaid. Not only are you doing disservice to yourself, but to the entire profession

Your best bet is to bring up these issues with management. Start at store level (RXM or store manager), and progressive up if needed.

Save communication records via email. If they do indeed fire you for brining up operational issues, you will win easy in court.

Reactions: 5 users

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I am the newer rph at my store. I have set back and watched alot of things compared to what I was used to. At this store:

*techs are choosing their schedule.
*no rotation involved (hinders people being trained)
*no one cleans (vacume etc)
*constantly hearing negativity all day long: send me home, I dont want to be here
*no sense of urgency to imput, fill, etc...100+ easily left over for the next day
* policies that should of been discussed long before I got there hasnt been or not followed
* mgr: avoids working and most of the day falls on me when I do work with him....hence more liability and my chances of making a mistake are higher
*Ive had to say over 3, 4, 5 hours every shfit UNPAID. ... due to techs not wanting to work, calling in, walking off their shift, no sense of urgency, picking and choosing what they want to do.

I was told if I did go home I would get a bad eval.

*since Ive been there lost tons of business. Lost count of the profiles I had to transfer out.

I could go on and on....

Ive not experienced anything like this and because more being piled on me to make up for what they are not doing, my stress level has been the worst in my career.

Kicker: today Ive been told I need to deal with my stress as if Im the problem: IE making me look bad when all of these issues that has been going on in front of HIS eyes and he knows it, has not been addressed.

If I could find another job, no problem leaving. But I have to get that first.

In the meantime? how to deal with this? I want to type out all the problems that cause my stress and present it to the MGR and my boss...but that would open the floodgates and I would fear being fired. Ive been around enough politics to know people who do less get rewarded, people do more get crapped on and dont do enough.
Like you called it, "newer rph"!
These types of infractions, with different magnitudes, go on in many places. All due to incompetent/lazy management. It will eventually be addressed by district managers. I bet you they are aware of everything. How quickly, no telling.
As everyone above have said, keep your head down, do your job and look for another employment, even a store transfer. You will not be able to fix any of it.

I am the newer rph at my store. I have set back and watched alot of things compared to what I was used to. At this store:

*techs are choosing their schedule.
*no rotation involved (hinders people being trained)
*no one cleans (vacume etc)
*constantly hearing negativity all day long: send me home, I dont want to be here
*no sense of urgency to imput, fill, etc...100+ easily left over for the next day
* policies that should of been discussed long before I got there hasnt been or not followed
* mgr: avoids working and most of the day falls on me when I do work with him....hence more liability and my chances of making a mistake are higher
*Ive had to say over 3, 4, 5 hours every shfit UNPAID. ... due to techs not wanting to work, calling in, walking off their shift, no sense of urgency, picking and choosing what they want to do.

I was told if I did go home I would get a bad eval.

*since Ive been there lost tons of business. Lost count of the profiles I had to transfer out.

I could go on and on....

Ive not experienced anything like this and because more being piled on me to make up for what they are not doing, my stress level has been the worst in my career.

Kicker: today Ive been told I need to deal with my stress as if Im the problem: IE making me look bad when all of these issues that has been going on in front of HIS eyes and he knows it, has not been addressed.

If I could find another job, no problem leaving. But I have to get that first.

In the meantime? how to deal with this? I want to type out all the problems that cause my stress and present it to the MGR and my boss...but that would open the floodgates and I would fear being fired. Ive been around enough politics to know people who do less get rewarded, people do more get crapped on and dont do enough.
LMAO just go home. Never, ever work unpaid.

If you stay 4, 5 hours extra you are making less per hour than the lead tech, probably

Reactions: 1 user
In this situation, you definitely should NOT be working 4 or 5 hours extra. Don't let them make you the workhorse.

And yes, finding a new job would definitely be a great idea. Don't put up with people who don't wanna do their f***ing job. Bad evals or not. It's not worth it.

Reactions: 1 user