-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Archived
Started by journeyman_3
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lol would they have to start at PGY1 all over again?I believe UPenn is down a resident at the senior level. They went to Anesthesia after getting MD
Let me know. I think in Indiana it's a soon-to-be third year spot.Thanks for the replies, i'll see what they have to say
Minnesota posted a thread a few months ago looking for a new resident because they opened up a new pgy3 spot
This is the second time I’ve heard of something like this happening. Someone else started general surgery residency after getting his MDI believe UPenn is down a resident at the senior level. They went to Anesthesia after getting MD
Gen surg was the toughest rotation i had to do. Surprised someone wanted to do that when they could have become omfs.This is the second time I’ve heard of something like this happening. Someone else started general surgery residency after getting his MD
You may be thinking of NOLA, they were a 6th year with a couple months left.
Yikes, I feel bad for that guy
Could you re-enter the match?At this point I would consider starting at PGY-1 at a 4 year program if they would consider a non-traditional, outside of PASS applicant
Sorry you're in this predicament. A long time ago, there was a program that lost a resident from the 6 year track early on. They later took a resident into a 4 year track to make up for the loss of the original 6 year resident. I don't think the 4 year track otherwise existed at this 6 year program. Just throwing this out there in case it's a possibility somewhere for you.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
- Status
- Not open for further replies.