Archived

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think Indiana University had a resident leave and one of the years is short a resident.
 
I believe UPenn is down a resident at the senior level. They went to Anesthesia after getting MD
This is the second time I’ve heard of something like this happening. Someone else started general surgery residency after getting his MD
 
This is the second time I’ve heard of something like this happening. Someone else started general surgery residency after getting his MD
Gen surg was the toughest rotation i had to do. Surprised someone wanted to do that when they could have become omfs.
 
Sorry you're in this predicament. A long time ago, there was a program that lost a resident from the 6 year track early on. They later took a resident into a 4 year track to make up for the loss of the original 6 year resident. I don't think the 4 year track otherwise existed at this 6 year program. Just throwing this out there in case it's a possibility somewhere for you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Status
Not open for further replies.