ARCOM vs KansasCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ARCOM vs KansasCOM?

  • ARCOM

    Votes: 5 83.3%
  • KansasCOM

    Votes: 1 16.7%

  • Total voters
    6

mutiethemailman

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ARCOM

Pros

  • Will have the largest research facility amongst DO schools
  • Cheaper COL
  • Cheaper tuition (51k)
  • On campus housing ($1000/month for the most expensive unit)
Cons

  • Letter graded (A/B/C/F)
  • Low board pass rate (88%)
  • Mandatory lectures (if <80%) and dress code
  • Heightened monitoring for accreditation
  • Few local affiliated rotations
KansasCOM

Pros

  • P/F system for grading
  • Wichita is more urban
  • Only certain labs/lectures are mandatory
Cons

  • Established in 2022
  • Virtual anatomy lab
  • Unknown rotation sites
  • More expensive tuition (55k)
based on:

I am interested in general surgery atm and practicing in CA after med school, so I prefer ARCOM because of its reputation but am interested to see what y'all think

@Goro I know you don't recommend either school but I'd like to know which you would choose as well

Thank you all!
 
Between these two options, I would choose ARCOM as it's not a brand new school anymore. It's literally the only reason I would pick it though.