BUCOM vs ARCOM - Decision Needed

Started by Forgge
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Forgge

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! I am currently deciding between BUCOM & ARCOM. I have a deposit down at BUCOM, but a pending offer post interview to ARCOM.

BUCOM:

Pros:
  • integrated hospital system for rotations
  • supportive staff vibe
  • state of the art building and equipment
  • stronger work opportunities for spouse in Memphis
Cons:

- cost of living comparatively
  • can be dangerous city
  • no boards or match data
  • new school
ARCOM:
Pros:
  • on-campus housing
  • walkability of campus
  • somewhat established with boards and match data
  • cost of living in fort smith
  • from Arkansas
  • safety

Cons:
  • larger class
  • heard mixed things online about curriculum delivery
  • clinical rotations may not be as robust
I would greatly appreciate some insight on deciding between the two. Pricing is similar from what I can tell.