Are admissions offices open this week?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Engrailed

Are your hands dry as well?
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
With the exception of Christmas, Christmas Eve, what days (from now until thru the first week of Jan/new year) can applicants reasonably expect to hear from schools (on any sort of affirmative communications/news)?

adcoms, please advise!
Thank you and happy holidays:)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
One school where I interviewed said we should expect decisions tomorrow (the 23rd). I imagine this is an exception, though, and most schools won’t send interview invitations or admissions decisions until the new year. Happy holidays, everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
With the exception of Christmas, Christmas Eve, what days (from now until thru the first week of Jan/new year) can applicants reasonably expect to hear from schools (on any sort of affirmative communications/news)?

adcoms, please advise!
Speaking as someone who works an administrative job. The offices may be open but not much work is done until January second lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I know of one school that is notorious for making acceptance phone calls on Christmas and other holidays so yeah it’s possible I guess

Edit: it’s not really that the admissions office is open though. Just the admissions dean likes to give people a little holiday surprise apparently

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Expect nothing until January 3, and even then expect little until January 8.

What exactly is the use in knowing this information, by the way? It's not as if every medical school in the country comes together to collectively decide that they won't be working during the holiday season.

• Haha
I don't have specific, insider knowledge regarding medical school admissions offices, but I do know that lots of universities totally shut down and give their administrative staffs the week off between Christmas and New Years, so don't be shocked if it becomes difficult to reach people between Christmas Eve and New Years Day. It's also probably not a terrible idea to try to chill for the week and give yourself a break. The good news is that there will certainly not be any Rs during this time! :)

• Haha

adcoms, please advise!
Patience is a virtue. How about letting them enjoy their holiday, and you enjoy yours, while you're at it.

adcoms, please advise!
There are more important things to worry about here... like the weight I am gaining over this holiday break.

There are more important things to worry about here... like the weight I am gaining over this holiday break.
Don’t fkn remind me. Since thanksgiving I haven’t had to wear a belt. It’s disgusting and only getting worse due these seemingly daily Christmas lunch meeting and everyone who decided it would be a good idea to bring excess Christmas cookies into work

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Don’t fkn remind me. Since thanksgiving I haven’t had to wear a belt. It’s disgusting and only getting worse due these seemingly daily Christmas lunch meeting and everyone who decided it would be a good idea to bring excess Christmas cookies into work

:rofl::lol::rofl::lol::rofl:

Reactions: 1 users