Are all the spots filled???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigdirt

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if most schools have filled their entering class yet?? I'm just wondering if I interviewed early and still haven't heard, am I more likely to be waitlisted or rejected at this point?

Members don't see this ad.

it varies from school to school. find out what the school/s you interviewed at do about acceptances. Some sent letters out early, while others do not send them out until about now. If you haven't heard from a late school, it may not be too bad. Call the admissions office at the school. They will tell you how it is going.

Initially, many schools (not all) do in fact fill up their entering classes early. Some do this as early as mid-December.

However, you must understand that spots are constantly opening up because many people do get multiple acceptances and must withdraw from schools that they will attend. Classes close, then open again, then close, and so on right up until the first day of class. Don't lose hope yet!

Now if you interviewed early and haven't heard anything it could mean two things:

It could mean that the school you interviewed does not follow a rolling admissions policy and prefers to send out all acceptances at once after all applicants have interviewed.

Or...

A second and more unfortunate possibility is that your interview did not go very well. Assuming your GPA and MCAT were good enough to get you the interview, the interview really takes priority after that stage as far as importance is concerned. Your MCAT and GPA are still looked at but the interview counts the most now.

You may also want to try sending the school some updated information that may help your chances. Perhaps they are waiting for an updated transcript that has your Fall grades before they decide on your app. If your GPA is a problem not knowing your fall grades may be what is holding your app up.

I would also suggest calling the school for a status check in case you haven't done so already. Sometimes this helps indicate your interest to the school because most schools keep track of how many times you call.

Good Luck to you! I am also still waiting to hear myself and I know exactly how you feel.