Are caribbean schools for me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GatorsDoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm very confused on what to do. I am a senior at a 4 year university and my cum. gpa is 3.11. My science is 2.65. My mcat is a 23M. Should I go somewhere after I graduate and keep taking classes to up my gpa or should I just try for a Caribbean school (preferably the big 4)? What would you do if you were in my situation? How are my chances at the Big 4 caribbeans? Thanks for any insight you can give me.

Members don't see this ad.

hey are you from university of Florida???
just curious.

anyways, i would definitely do a postbac program or go for a second bachelor's degree or try for a Masters Degree.

you scored better than I did in my first attempt at the MCAT, but that doesnt mean I'm not gonna criticize you ;)
you know you need to score a bit higher, so just put in the study time for it.

besides, how good would you feel about yourself if you got into medical school right now with the stats you currently have?
wouldnt it feel A LOT better to arrive in your medical class knowing that you worked hard to get there???

hey are you from university of Florida???
just curious.

Yep. Go Gators! I have thought about it a lot and I would love to matriculate into a US med school. Will I have a good shot if I just do a Master's program and increase my MCAT to say a 30 or above?

Members don't see this ad :)
i would study and do well on your next MCAT. try to aim for a 30+ score. I would then apply to an SMP, which are geared to low GPA/High MCAT or vice versa. try to avoid the caribbean at all costs. If you cant get into an SMP, then reatake most of your science classes, but you still have to get a high MCAT score. If you have any questions you can PM me.

Thanks a lot guys... you have reignited my confidence that I can go to a master's program and do well and eventually matriculate into a US med school. I wish all of you luck in what your doing, and wish me luck too...cuz I will need it! LOL