You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Are Chapman's points real?
Started by Didierdrogba
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I have it on good authority that pneumonia is also correlated with findings on a 2 view chest x-ray.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have it on good authority that pneumonia is also correlated with findings on a 2 view chest x-ray.
It may be a myth, but I hear a stethoscope sometimes picks up things.
If only 1 paper comes out in ten years saying there is a statistically significant relationship, then I suspect a strong strong strong publication bias
If only 1 paper comes out in ten years saying there is a statistically significant relationship, then I suspect a strong strong strong publication bias
That's your basis for a strong publication bias, and not the JAOA is publishing a pro-OMT paper?
That's your basis for a strong publication bias, and not the JAOA is publishing a pro-OMT paper?
The article is from an JAOA journal right? What Im saying is that even on the JAOA journal, there are so few publications proving that Chapman points DO EXIST, there must be something going on, perhaps researchers hide the negative results?
Checking Chapman's points on my coccyx my OMT partner stuck her finger in my azzhole. I think it was an accident...
I'd like to take a look at the full text for study design, controls, data analysis and blinding
Also, as most know in the research game... A study means little until its shown to be reproducible by independent researchers
Thus I remain HIGHLY skeptical
Last edited:
Also, they chose the lungs. Of course someone with pneumonia is going to have tenderness between ribs from all the coughing , labored breathing, and physiological - scientifically sound CNS sympathetic activation as well as spasms. Then they call them positive Chapman's points.
Now show me water tight research study where they look at vulvovaginitis and correlation to vagina Chapman's point on the posterior thigh and I'll double take until then... its dribble
Perfect.Would you guys clarify things for the European dude in the room:
Is osteopathy school = medical school + chiropractic + acupuncture = medical school + (largely) mumbo-jumbo?
Even if they're taught a bit mumbo-jumbo at DO school, they largely follow the same curriculum as MD schools, no?
Chapman's points sound like BS.
A guy from another medical education system in another country managed to nail it in a few minutes. Says a lot.
It may be a myth, but I hear a stethoscope sometimes picks up things.
I think you meant to say "I hear through a stethoscope and sometimes pick up things" 😱