Are doctors generally QUIET housemates?

Started by Gauss44
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Gauss44

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Found a house I like where the realtor and landlord are putting together a group of us. They told me that if I took the room I'm interested in, I would have a doctor living above me. They know nothing else about that person.

What do you think the odds are of a doctor being a noisy housemate who listens to lots of music?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I find it very odd that a land lord and realtor are the ones in charge of subletting rooms to tenants. Sounds like a bad situation and I wouldn't get involved with it. Typically, one person signs a lease on a house and sublets to tenants, or multiple people sign a single lease together. That kind of involvement by the landlord would sketch me out and sounds like it will set you up for many issues in the future regarding tenant rights.