Are Interview Invites real?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

send_help

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have never received an interview invite. I have never seen anyone else’s interview invite email or a screenshot of one. I am forced to believe in the idea of the interview invite because I see it discussed here but I refuse to believe in the existence of the thing itself until I see one for myself.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 25 users
This made me chuckle because I also had curiosity about what interview invites looked like before I received one.

In my case, it was a simple email from the admissions committee saying that they would like to interview me and asking if I was available at a specific date/time. I replied via email, and that was that :)

I have never received an interview invite. I have never seen anyone else’s interview invite email or a screenshot of one. I am forced to believe in the idea of the interview invite because I see it discussed here but I refuse to believe in the existence of the thing itself until I see one for myself.
why are people disliking this lol, it obviously wasn't serious.

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have had applicants (and irate parents) seriously ask me this. They cannot possibly believe the statistics on total applications (roughly a 1,000,000) versus interview invites (roughly 150,000).
this confused me very much until i realized total applications is multiplied by people times number of apps.

I feel this way about acceptance letters. What do they even look like? What exactly does it say? I need a screenshot of one so I can keep the faith.

actually the opposite, rejection letters can be much more elusive. As I oft repeated, everyone starts as "not-accepted." Therefore there is no reason for a medical school to inform you of such status since you started as such. Many schools never send rejection letters
Can confirm, my first cycle I think about 1/3 of the schools never formally rejected me. My favorite was the school that rejected me around Halloween, I mean I figured as much but the fact that I was putting my clown costume on made it more ironic.

Reactions: 1 users
Can confirm, my first cycle I think about 1/3 of the schools never formally rejected me. My favorite was the school that rejected me around Halloween, I mean I figured as much but the fact that I was putting my clown costume on made it more ironic.
my first rejection was from pritzker haha

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
my first rejection was from pritzker haha
Pritzker is one of the few schools that reject applicants early on, many times within weeks of receiving an application. The application cycle would be much more kind if this practice was more widespread.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed for a faculty position at CSU-Long Beach in 1999. I still have yet to hear from them.

So, you guys aren't alone!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users
I interviewed for a faculty position at CSU-Long Beach in 1999. I still have yet to hear from them.

So, you guys aren't alone!

Maybe they’re still weighing your qualification. I think you should send them an update….

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
How can II's be real if our I's aren't real?

giphy.gif

Medical school is also not real, nor is residency. We actually are all just in on the scam and spend our days on vacation for 8 years, hence no one seeing us, which is how we accrue so much debt. We then just fake it until we make it. The fibula is also a lie created by orthopedists to sell more autologoud reconstructive implants.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Medical school is also not real, nor is residency. We actually are all just in on the scam and spend our days on vacation for 8 years, hence no one seeing us, which is how we accrue so much debt. We then just fake it until we make it. The fibula is also a lie created by orthopedists to sell more autologoud reconstructive implants.
you know, this made me realize that a 8 year vacation would most likely cost less than actually going to med school.

Reactions: 1 user