• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

biochemgirl22

5+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hmm this is interesting. I've always wondered this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Sometimes it a is purposeful choice, with a common area of interest in language skills, research, career goals, or community service.

Sometimes is it utterly blind and luck of the draw.
Some interviewers may have your whole file and know everything about you
Some interviewers are purposely left completely blind and know absolutely nothing about you

Reactions: 2 users
Jun 11, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Or is it random placement?
At my school, interviewers are given their dates of interview at the start of each semester. We thus are NOT matched to any interviewees. Clinical faculty often are booked for other stuff months in advance, also getting them into a time slot is sometimes tricky.

motu

2+ Year Member
Mar 11, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
My research was in radiology and I was a computer science major in undergrad. I do not think it was a coincidence that at one school I interviewed with a mechanical engineer and radiologist, and at another school I interviewed with an interventional radiologist ( my essays mentioned my interest in IR also ).

begoood95

The Friendly Gunner™
2+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2016
Oklahoma
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Is it a coincidence that my interviewer, one of many interviewers, happened to be an ophthalmologist—when I've had two years of experience working in ophthalmology? Hmm... It could be, but I don't know, that seems a little personalized to me.

I had a friend interview at this location as well, and she worked in a specific specialty; she was also matched to a physician in that same specialty.

This makes me feel like, at least at this particular medical school, the interviewers may be a little personalized.

Reactions: 1 users

tiramisucheese

2+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
So it seems like, as with all things related to the medical school application cycle, it really just depends on the school. Thanks for the input everyone!

Reactions: 1 users

aldol16

5+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
It depends on the school. Each school does things a little differently. You'll know that you were matched up if everybody interviewing from your school got the same interviewer who is an alum.

biochemgirl22

5+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
On the Pitt secondary they specifically asked areas of your interest so they can match you up with an interviewer.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.