Are math classes figured into the science GPA?

Started by meadow36
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

meadow36

UF CVM 2013
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm sorry, I tried to do a search on this but couldn't find the answer I was looking for. Can anyone tell me exactly which classes figure into your science GPA? (obviously bio/science, but what about math and chemistry?)

Thanks!
 
I believe most schools do include math...at least the ones I applied to.
 
I know Illinois does include all math classes into science GPA calculation.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would think so. Chemistry definitely is and math is described as 'the language of science' so I would assume yes, it would be included. It's just as important to be able to calculate a dose as to know what the drug does.


Though generally that's not exactly higher math, but you get the point.
​
 
Illinois included the "extra" math courses I took - logic sets and proofs & linear algebra - in the science GPA, but did not include chemistry research... you figure that one out...
 
Illinois included the "extra" math courses I took - logic sets and proofs & linear algebra - in the science GPA, but did not include chemistry research... you figure that one out...

They didn't count both of my chemistry research classes either. But they were only 1 credit worth each(for 15hr/week!!!) It is kinda weird that scientific RESEARCH is not part of science GPA to them though. 🙂