Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is my second time applying, and I am nervous as ever.
In my first application, my cGPA was 2.7, and my science GPA was 2.2. Since graduating, I have continued to take the following courses
- Conservation in wildlife bio
-Ochem part 1
- Animals (philosophy)
- Statistics for biologists
- exploring the solar system
I took them at two different institutions, and my GPAs for each are 3.8 and 3.3. From VMCA, my overall post-bachelor GPA is 3.6, my Post-Baccalaureate Science GPA is 3.7, and my overall science GPA is now 2.5. I know that the 2.5 is not good and brings me down, but my last 45 is mostly A and a B+. I have been going to school part-time since graduating while working full-time at an emergency animal hospital. I've worked in the field for 10 years, with experience ranging from wildlife to emergency medicine, and have 9,000+ hours of experience. I already got rejected by Iowa State and Queensland, and recently I got an email from Ross saying my application is under pre-review to determine whether it meets the qualifications for an interview because of one or more of the following: GPA, coursework grades, and/or GRE scores. When I first applied, I took the GRE and did not have strong scores. Even though I decided not to retake it and opted out of it for my VMCA application, it was still sent, and since it was less than 5 years ago, it still applies. Now I am freaking out that it will screw everything up. I am waiting to hear back from Ross, LMU, St. George's and the University of Glasgow. I have lost hope for Glasgow, but I am still hopeful for the others. If anyone could give advice or was in a similar boat, please let me know. I have wanted to be a vet for as long as I can remember, and I don't know where to turn at this point.
In my first application, my cGPA was 2.7, and my science GPA was 2.2. Since graduating, I have continued to take the following courses
- Conservation in wildlife bio
-Ochem part 1
- Animals (philosophy)
- Statistics for biologists
- exploring the solar system
I took them at two different institutions, and my GPAs for each are 3.8 and 3.3. From VMCA, my overall post-bachelor GPA is 3.6, my Post-Baccalaureate Science GPA is 3.7, and my overall science GPA is now 2.5. I know that the 2.5 is not good and brings me down, but my last 45 is mostly A and a B+. I have been going to school part-time since graduating while working full-time at an emergency animal hospital. I've worked in the field for 10 years, with experience ranging from wildlife to emergency medicine, and have 9,000+ hours of experience. I already got rejected by Iowa State and Queensland, and recently I got an email from Ross saying my application is under pre-review to determine whether it meets the qualifications for an interview because of one or more of the following: GPA, coursework grades, and/or GRE scores. When I first applied, I took the GRE and did not have strong scores. Even though I decided not to retake it and opted out of it for my VMCA application, it was still sent, and since it was less than 5 years ago, it still applies. Now I am freaking out that it will screw everything up. I am waiting to hear back from Ross, LMU, St. George's and the University of Glasgow. I have lost hope for Glasgow, but I am still hopeful for the others. If anyone could give advice or was in a similar boat, please let me know. I have wanted to be a vet for as long as I can remember, and I don't know where to turn at this point.