Are Mexican Opioid Cartels Terrorist Orgs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drusso

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score

Does anyone know if PROP has taken a position on this?

Members don't see this ad.

That would be great, because then we'd have thousands of terrorists invading our country per month instead of non-terrorist invaders. That would make the left even happier to know they are destroying this country more effectively. They'd be proud they are not denying terrorists their constitutional rights...

Technically the cartels are not terrorists because they’re not killing for political reasons, which is the definition of terrorism. They’re more like monsters or organized crime. But the effect is the same and they should be treated like terrorists. Their actions result in more US deaths than terrorists, by far. And it’s not even close.

I have no problem with them being declared terrorist organizations, however. I’m not sure it will make a difference, though.

Members don't see this ad :)
what the blazes does this have to do with left-right?

you seem to have some deep seeded issues that you really should talk to someone about.

fwiw, getting back to OP:

playing devils advocate now: I thought I heard from multiple naysayers that it wasn't prescription drugs or heroin that was the problem.... why not address fentanyl suppliers instead?

since, based on their logic, limiting legal prescriptions will do nothing to change the opioid epidemic, targeting heroin distributors will likewise do nothing, since fentanyl is the killer....