Opioid CME 4.5hrs for free (Lobel back at it Nov-Dec 2023)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lobelsteve

Staff member
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Target Audience: Providers eligible to prescribe opioid analgesics & non-prescribers involved in the care of patients receiving opioid analgesic therapy, nonpharmacologic therapies, and non-opioid medication therapies for the management of pain; physicians, dentists and oral surgeons, residents and fellows, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, and registered nurses.
Summary: Assessment and treatment of pain remain challenging for healthcare providers and health systems. Safe and effective pain management requires competence in the range of therapeutic options including nonpharmacologic approaches and pharmacologic therapies, both non-opioid and opioid analgesics. Treatment with opioid medications can decrease pain functionality but also may result in opioid tolerance, dependence, misuse, overdose, and death. It is important that opioids be prescribed judiciously to prevent and/or mitigate these potential harms.

Time Commitment: 4-hours/6-weeks
Time Period: November - December
Credits: 4.5 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™ and ACPE contact hours

Link to follow. We need 20 people to enroll.
If needed, I will be in costume for any Zoom meetings.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Target Audience: Providers eligible to prescribe opioid analgesics & non-prescribers involved in the care of patients receiving opioid analgesic therapy, nonpharmacologic therapies, and non-opioid medication therapies for the management of pain; physicians, dentists and oral surgeons, residents and fellows, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, and registered nurses.
Summary: Assessment and treatment of pain remain challenging for healthcare providers and health systems. Safe and effective pain management requires competence in the range of therapeutic options including nonpharmacologic approaches and pharmacologic therapies, both non-opioid and opioid analgesics. Treatment with opioid medications can decrease pain functionality but also may result in opioid tolerance, dependence, misuse, overdose, and death. It is important that opioids be prescribed judiciously to prevent and/or mitigate these potential harms.

Time Commitment: 4-hours/6-weeks
Time Period: November - December
Credits: 4.5 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™ and ACPE contact hours

Link to follow. We need 20 people to enroll.
If needed, I will be in costume for any Zoom meetings.
I am doing the math wrong?

4 hours for 6 weeks is 24 hour commitement.... but you only get 4.5 CME?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is this the same as what you'd previously offered? If so its a relatively painless CME opportunity AND you get to hang out with lobelsteve.

Reactions: 1 user
do you have anything to disclose?

I'm game as long as we can talk lax somewhere in there

Does this satisfy the new renewal requirement for DEA registration?

I hope all is well with you. I am gathering some colleagues to participate in a small-group social learning experience on a digital platform. The course, Meeting the Challenge of Chronic Pain Management in an Ever-Evolving Opioid Epidemic: 2023, offers the opportunity to obtain free CME/CE credit while completing brief learning modules and collaborating with others within the group. The time commitment is extremely modest and flexible; I am confident your experience in the group will be productive and enjoyable. You can learn more and sign up at:

Best,
Steven Lobel MD

I have listened to you speak before, excellent work and it’s appreciated

Need more people to sign up. Come argue with me and get free CME. I see you Bedrock! DRusso. Hyper. PainApp. SSDoc, Duct.
There are a thousand lurkers for each one of us. Join in. I will send each course completer a gift from my office and an autographed picture.

Steve

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is this the same module we did in the beginning of the year?

Is this the same module we did in the beginning of the year?
Looks to be some new stuff. I went through the modules that closed in February 2023 and some of them are same titles and some is new info.
It only makes it easier as most of this should be a refresher. ;)

Looking for only 10 more brave souls to step into Thunderdome.

Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 4.57.59 PM.png

Enrollment ends in a few days. Any last takers? Anyone already enrolled want to throw down some comments?
Should be wrapping things up in next 2 weeks.

Let's get after it people.

I'd like to wrap it all up before end of February.

Screenshot 2024-01-24 064655.jpg

Some progress being made. As soon as we complete modules (majority), we can schedule the Zoom.

Get in nerds we’re doing CME