Are most Pharmacists Ill-tempered?

Started by treetop02
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

treetop02

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
with exception to a few pharmacists, most pharmacists I've worked with are always in a bad mood. Is it the work environment and nature of the work. Is being couped up in a pharmacy, doing repetitive work, dealing with insurances, and rude customers, that stressful? What is the average lifespan of a pharmacist? Is it worth it working in a busy retail pharmacy? Some of the pharmacists whom I worked with would never touch the register. They are lazy son of biatches. While you are running back and forth from the front registers to the drive thru registers, they would tell the front end customers to wait for me while I help the drive thru where 5 cars are waiting behind. Whatever happened to team work? If some of the pharmacist stop being lazy and help out, the pharmacy would be a much better work environment.

~ Disgruntled Pharmacy Clerk :meanie:
 
It is the stress that drives pharmacists crazy (well at least for me) because we are responsible for everything in the pharmacy. The techs do not get the blame if a script is filled incorrectly.
Therefore, I can understand why some pharmacists do not want to deal with cash register and etc. not because they are lazy...they rather spend more time checking prescriptions.
But, I do ring people up at the cash register because... just like what u said...team work!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
with exception to a few pharmacists, most pharmacists I've worked with are always in a bad mood. Is it the work environment and nature of the work. Is being couped up in a pharmacy, doing repetitive work, dealing with insurances, and rude customers, that stressful? What is the average lifespan of a pharmacist? Is it worth it working in a busy retail pharmacy? Some of the pharmacists whom I worked with would never touch the register. They are lazy son of biatches. While you are running back and forth from the front registers to the drive thru registers, they would tell the front end customers to wait for me while I help the drive thru where 5 cars are waiting behind. Whatever happened to team work? If some of the pharmacist stop being lazy and help out, the pharmacy would be a much better work environment.

~ Disgruntled Pharmacy Clerk :meanie:

your last class before graduation is called Perfecting Your Disgruntled/Angry Personality 401
 
with exception to a few pharmacists, most pharmacists I've worked with are always in a bad mood. Is it the work environment and nature of the work. Is being couped up in a pharmacy, doing repetitive work, dealing with insurances, and rude customers, that stressful?
~ Disgruntled Pharmacy Clerk :meanie:

Absolutely! What the hell kind of question is that?????
 
The OP just wants people to comment on stereotypes which is bad news. I guess we're all suppose to jump in and play the complain game.
 
This thread is stupid. YOU JUST PISSED ME OFF!!! I'M BOUT TO SNAAAAPPPPPP!!!

..granted I'm not a pharmacist yet, but that was great practice! 👍
 
Yesterday, a pharmacist called out and I was sent to the busiest store in the district. I checked what the techs typed and DRE'd a good chunk of it. I counseled a bajillion patients. I went out to the aisles to recommend products. Did lots of DUR counseling as well. I stopped misfills from going out the door. I denied narcotics to drug seekers, dosed Lovenox for an MD over the phone, talked to the sheriff about a forged prescription, helped out techs on the cash register, etc. It was a busy day but I kept a smile on my face the entire time. I love retail.🙂
 
Yesterday, a pharmacist called out and I was sent to the busiest store in the district. I checked what the techs typed and DRE'd a good chunk of it. I counseled a bajillion patients. I went out to the aisles to recommend products. Did lots of DUR counseling as well. I stopped misfills from going out the door. I denied narcotics to drug seekers, dosed Lovenox for an MD over the phone, talked to the sheriff about a forged prescription, helped out techs on the cash register, etc. It was a busy day but I kept a smile on my face the entire time. I love retail.🙂


Good job, Dana! 👍
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It depends on my mood. Like when my cashier took a verbal order from a doctor today because he saw that we were busy and only wanted to help (even though when he transfered back to the pharmacy I specifically told him that only a pharmacist or intern make take a doctor call) or when the same cashier on the same day tells a patient "sure, we can give you the 25 ug patches instead of the 75 ug". Yes, i get ill-tempered at situations like this. Yeah he's relatively new but you would figure after I told him if your not sure about something you have to ask. Anyway, I am happy and humble most of the time but these incidents today threw me off the deep end😡 I dont yell at employees and since we have a work flow intiative, i rarely have to go to the registrar but I will go if I see a line building and help.
 
Yep...mostly because of threads like this....come on where are the kinetics questions???? 😴😴😴😴

Actual dosing weight for vancomycin on obese patients entails adjusting the difference between lean body weight to actual body weight and taking the 40% of the delta and adding it to the lean body weight. I did Aminoglycoside the same way... but I think for AG, we should be using 10% of the delta cuz it's not as well distributed into adipose tissues...is that right?? :meanie:
 
It depends on my mood. Like when my cashier took a verbal order from a doctor today because he saw that we were busy and only wanted to help (even though when he transfered back to the pharmacy I specifically told him that only a pharmacist or intern make take a doctor call) or when the same cashier on the same day tells a patient "sure, we can give you the 25 ug patches instead of the 75 ug". Yes, i get ill-tempered at situations like this. Yeah he's relatively new but you would figure after I told him if your not sure about something you have to ask. Anyway, I am happy and humble most of the time but these incidents today threw me off the deep end😡 I dont yell at employees and since we have a work flow intiative, i rarely have to go to the registrar but I will go if I see a line building and help.

depends on your bipolar mood?
 
I am a pharmacy student not a pharmacist yet. I always have smile on my face. My moto is (ofcourse I learned this from an experienced) never ever bring your work/issues home and never show your personal issues at work. (Though some might say this is highly impossible exept for saints!)
Still I am considered a FREAK 'coz I don not get upset because of my grades or work or peer pressure. I do not have any bad things to say about any body and just hear from one ear and let go from another (as a saying) even I know others speak bad about! SO EITHER WAY YOU HAVE SMILE AND BE PLEASANT TO YOUR COLLEGUES AND FRIENDS OR BE ILL TEMPERED,MOODY AND INCONSIDERATE YOU ARE STILL A "FREAK".
AT THE END OF THE DAY I DO KNOW I AM A GOOD PERSON AND DO MY JOB RIGHT. THATS ALL MATTERS IN LIFE.
 
I am a pharmacy student not a pharmacist yet. I always have smile on my face. My moto is (ofcourse I learned this from an experienced) never ever bring your work/issues home and never show your personal issues at work. (Though some might say this is highly impossible exept for saints!)
Still I am considered a FREAK 'coz I don not get upset because of my grades or work or peer pressure. I do not have any bad things to say about any body and just hear from one ear and let go from another (as a saying) even I know others speak bad about! SO EITHER WAY YOU HAVE SMILE AND BE PLEASANT TO YOUR COLLEGUES AND FRIENDS OR BE ILL TEMPERED,MOODY AND INCONSIDERATE YOU ARE STILL A "FREAK".
AT THE END OF THE DAY I DO KNOW I AM A GOOD PERSON AND DO MY JOB RIGHT. THATS ALL MATTERS IN LIFE.

:bullcrap:





j/k
 
I am a pharmacy student not a pharmacist yet. I always have smile on my face. My moto is (ofcourse I learned this from an experienced) never ever bring your work/issues home and never show your personal issues at work. (Though some might say this is highly impossible exept for saints!)
Still I am considered a FREAK 'coz I don not get upset because of my grades or work or peer pressure. I do not have any bad things to say about any body and just hear from one ear and let go from another (as a saying) even I know others speak bad about! SO EITHER WAY YOU HAVE SMILE AND BE PLEASANT TO YOUR COLLEGUES AND FRIENDS OR BE ILL TEMPERED,MOODY AND INCONSIDERATE YOU ARE STILL A "FREAK".
AT THE END OF THE DAY I DO KNOW I AM A GOOD PERSON AND DO MY JOB RIGHT. THATS ALL MATTERS IN LIFE.

Didn't your mom tell you to stay away from drugs!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yesterday, a pharmacist called out and I was sent to the busiest store in the district. I checked what the techs typed and DRE'd a good chunk of it. I counseled a bajillion patients. I went out to the aisles to recommend products. Did lots of DUR counseling as well. I stopped misfills from going out the door. I denied narcotics to drug seekers, dosed Lovenox for an MD over the phone, talked to the sheriff about a forged prescription, helped out techs on the cash register, etc. It was a busy day but I kept a smile on my face the entire time. I love retail.🙂

Good job! Did angie call you to cover? I interviewed with her as I almost made the switch to the "other side". I didn't want to work 8 hour shifts, 5 days a week.
 
You should have bought a vibrating cushion for your hot tech...

Totally off topic!! lol. I try not to pay attention to my female techs. Theres one cute one, but my career is too important😀 I just stare at the computer and talk to the wall when I talk.
 
Totally off topic!! lol. I try not to pay attention to my female techs. Theres one cute one, but my career is too important😀 I just stare at the computer and talk to the wall when I talk.

They probably think you're gay. Chicken Cesar Salad and all... :meanie:
 
Sorry to hear that.
Thanks for the concern. My father passed away in may and I started my program in august. First year was really tough to go through! The final exam of my summer (3rd) semester (for sure was pharmacokinetics) was on his first anniversary day...was........
 
Thanks for the concern. My father passed away in may and I started my program in august. First year was really tough to go through! The final exam of my summer (3rd) semester (for sure was pharmacokinetics) was on his first anniversary day...was........

Hang in there Vida. It'll all be worth it when your all done, especially when you know you have made a difference in someones life.
 
Actual dosing weight for vancomycin on obese patients entails adjusting the difference between lean body weight to actual body weight and taking the 40% of the delta and adding it to the lean body weight. I did Aminoglycoside the same way... but I think for AG, we should be using 10% of the delta cuz it's not as well distributed into adipose tissues...is that right?? :meanie:

SWEET!!!!!!!!👎thumbdown👎
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Actual dosing weight for vancomycin on obese patients entails adjusting the difference between lean body weight to actual body weight and taking the 40% of the delta and adding it to the lean body weight. I did Aminoglycoside the same way... but I think for AG, we should be using 10% of the delta cuz it's not as well distributed into adipose tissues...is that right?? :meanie:

Is this right? I am on a hospital rotation and totally blew my first vanco dosing. i had an obese woman and wasn't sure to use IBW or actual and my preceptor is nonexistant basically so I ended up going too high because I used her actual weight. when you say lean body weight, what do you mean? sorry for the dumbest question ever. hospital is a foriegn country to me and my tour guide (preceptor) doesn't have any interest in teaching me anything.....