Are my EC's too weak and did i screw myself applying this cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SweetBurger

cowbell
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The school list is good, if a little undershot. I would say your primary deficiency is low clinical exposure with lacking volunteer hours as a close second, however you got what you could get between work and maintaining the sick GPA (I know how that goes).

Your application is definitely sufficient enough to not be DOA, however, were I am ADCOM I would be most concerned with “How can this student dedicate so much towards scholarly pursuits while neglecting the service and clinical aspects?” Your application seems more research veered but your school list doesn’t care about research as much.

If you can clearly demonstrate care and compassion for others with a good understanding of the clinical realm through your secondaries, then I think you are A-OK. Based on the AAMC data tables, you have a 75-83% chance of admission. That last bit can be made up for with good essays, good school list, and interview practice.

Good luck, you got this!

Reactions: 3 users
The school list is good, if a little undershot. I would say your primary deficiency is low clinical exposure with lacking volunteer hours as a close second, however you got what you could get between work and maintaining the sick GPA (I know how that goes).

Your application is definitely sufficient enough to not be DOA, however, were I am ADCOM I would be most concerned with “How can this student dedicate so much towards scholarly pursuits while neglecting the service and clinical aspects?” Your application seems more research veered but your school list doesn’t care about research as much.

If you can clearly demonstrate care and compassion for others with a good understanding of the clinical realm through your secondaries, then I think you are A-OK. Based on the AAMC data tables, you have a 75-83% chance of admission. That last bit can be made up for with good essays, good school list, and interview practice.

Good luck, you got this!
Thanks for the feedback I definitely tried to swing my secondaries towards a service orientation/compassion perspective along with talking about my research from the perspective of its potential impact on challenged communities. Hopefully that carries me a bit. If its not too late to add any more MD schools do you have any suggestions on what to add?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the feedback I definitely tried to swing my secondaries towards a service orientation/compassion perspective along with talking about my research from the perspective of its potential impact on challenged communities. Hopefully that carries me a bit. If its not too late to add any more MD schools do you have any suggestions on what to add?
No, I think your list is adequate. If you wanna throw in a couple more reaches I would add Case (Not CCLCM), Ohio, Cinci, UMich, Stryker, and Pitt.

Reactions: 1 user