Are my extracurricular activities good enough ? I will be applying MD/DO in the 2020-2021 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smhmd

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Awards are a nonissue. You either get them or you don't. It's not really something you can work specifically towards. More volunteering is always good. If you don't have shadowing, you need it, preferably with FM/peds/general IM. As it looks, your ECs are a bit cookie cutter, but that won't sink your app. Maybe find something that is unique/you are passionate about?

Reactions: 1 user
Awards are a nonissue. You either get them or you don't. It's not really something you can work specifically towards. More volunteering is always good. If you don't have shadowing, you need it, preferably with FM/peds/general IM. As it looks, your ECs are a bit cookie cutter, but that won't sink your app. Maybe find something that is unique/you are passionate about?
Oops I forgot to mention I have 100 hours of shadowing surgeons. Do you know how I can get ECs that aren't cookie cutter lol ? All of them seem to aim at helping people in need. Not sure how I can do something that's not cookie cutter.