Are podiatrists mid level providers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

demayette

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
http://www.cejkasearch.com/compensation/amga_midlevel_compensation_survey.htm
Why this salary survey put pods as mid level providers? Where I work,they consider podiatrists as "full" practitioners just like MD/DO. Can someone explain why that survey do that?

I would guess that was because we are considered health care practitioners and not classified as physicians in most states and by certain government entities. Certainly many MDs believe they are the only "true physicians" and even choke when DOs are mentioned. On the bright side I thought the financial data was encouraging.

In N America, MD and DO = physician (allopathic and osteopathic respectively, but still physician). Just because the term physician doesn't technically (in what I've heard) refers to podiatrists/podiatric physicians, does NOT mean they are mid level providers. Mid level providers are generally supervised and quite restricted ... Pods are not. Pods are doctors, and run the foot and ankle with their own authority. The day a NP scrubs up and performs a complicated rear foot operation, is the day Pods are mid levels.

Members don't see this ad :)
Contrary. That'd be the day nurses break further out of being mid level providers.

These salaries seem inflated to me too.

Edit: Errr, maybe not ... they are kind of all over actually. Some are a lot higher than I've heard, others seem close, then some seem too low.