Are pre-december interviews better than post-december?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuretoothfairy777

Reaction score
It is only August and a school reached out to me with only post-December interview options... is this bad??

Members don't see this ad.

An interview is an interview. I suppose you may define "bad" as whether a seat is available or if your are vying for a waitlist spot. To that end, it is rolling admissions, and the programs should be transparent. Look up the past years' threads.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much! I will definitely be accepting the interview but was just wondering if getting a post-December interview hurts your chances of getting in or makes it less likely to get in than a pre-dec interview?

Thank you so much! I will definitely be accepting the interview but was just wondering if getting a post-December interview hurts your chances of getting in or makes it less likely to get in than a pre-dec interview?
Please read this article.

The AADSAS traffic rules prevent schools from sending offers of admission until December, so theoretically, all seats are available during all pre-December interviews. As I mentioned, once seats are offered, the rolling admissions process by definition means that fewer seats become available thereafter. Many schools will not offer more seats than they have available, thus relegating everyone else they interview to alternate status (this can happen pre-December). Others may continuously send out offers until they fill the class. As I said previously: check the historical threads.

If a school has 80 seats, by the end of the cycle they have usually accepted around 120-150 students. So even if you have a post december interview there is still a good chance!

Nope! All my interviews were post-December and I was accepted to all of the schools. Take from that what you will, but honestly when you get your interview shouldn't matter as much as you got an interview invite.

Reactions: 2 users
Nope! All my interviews were post-December and I was accepted to all of the schools. Take from that what you will, but honestly when you get your interview shouldn't matter as much as you got an interview invite.
when did you apply?

can I ask what your stats were?