Post-December Interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predental-4

Reaction score
Hello! I've applied to the UMN dental school and had my application completed 8/31. However, I haven't received any interviews nor anything on my application. I'm concerned as they already passed through August and skipped over me. I have a few questions due to this:
1. Is it too late to receive a post-December interview or is it possible?
2. If they skipped over me, is it possible they would go back and reconsider me?
3. If I've been rejected, are they going to wait until they end of the cycle to tell me or would they tell me anytime starting now?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I've applied to the UMN dental school and had my application completed 8/31. However, I haven't received any interviews nor anything on my application. I'm concerned as they already passed through August and skipped over me. I have a few questions due to this:
1. Is it too late to receive a post-December interview or is it possible?
2. If they skipped over me, is it possible they would go back and reconsider me?
3. If I've been rejected, are they going to wait until they end of the cycle to tell me or would they tell me anytime starting now?
Thanks!
1 it is possible that you still receive an interview
2 it is possible that they will reconsider you
3 they may reject you soon, they may not contact you at all, they may wait until the end of the cycle

Reactions: 1 user
You have a chance because you are in-state, but don't count on it.

We previously advised you:
I'd prepare to reapply early next cycle with a DAT retake of 21AA+ and have a solid list of schools.
So execute a plan for a reapplication, but be pleasantly surprised if an invitation comes your way.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's still very possible to receive an interview/acceptance post-December. Once they know who's submitted their deposits they will go back and review applicants. If you haven't been rejected or waitlisted yet you're still under consideration. With that being said however, since you only applied to UMN you should prepare yourself for a reapplication cycle. As stated on your WAMC, you should make sure you apply to some more schools as a safety net.

Have you started to plan out when you're retaking your DAT? Looking back that's probably the main thing holding you back.

You have a chance because you are in-state, but don't count on it.

We previously advised you:

So execute a plan for a reapplication, but be pleasantly surprised if an invitation comes your way.
makes sense! I was hoping that I would take those chances, but I feel like I'm getting nowhere. I'm planning on retaking the DAT soon for the next cycle

It's still very possible to receive an interview/acceptance post-December. Once they know who's submitted their deposits they will go back and review applicants. If you haven't been rejected or waitlisted yet you're still under consideration. With that being said however, since you only applied to UMN you should prepare yourself for a reapplication cycle. As stated on your WAMC, you should make sure you apply to some more schools as a safety net.

Have you started to plan out when you're retaking your DAT? Looking back that's probably the main thing holding you back.
Yeah, hopefully sometime in January. Of course, that would be too late for them to see the retake for this cycle, correct?

Yeah, hopefully sometime in January. Of course, that would be too late for them to see the retake for this cycle, correct?
Correct, I don't think the score will get to admissions in time for them to see it, takes 2-4 weeks to verify the score after taking it. I can't remember the U's deadline but I think it will either be past or very very close.

Correct, I don't think the score will get to admissions in time for them to see it, takes 2-4 weeks to verify the score after taking it. I can't remember the U's deadline but I think it will either be past or very very close.
the deadline is Feb. 3. Let's say I were to take it and have it verified before then, is it possible that they could reconsider me or look at the new scores? Or would they not?

the deadline is Feb. 3. Let's say I were to take it and have it verified before then, is it possible that they could reconsider me or look at the new scores? Or would they not?
It would certainly be cutting it close. I can’t say for certain, but I’d imagine it’s like submitting an academic update. If the score is better it may benefit you and give them a reason to extend you an invite to interview.

No guarantees... You need to ask the admissions office about accepting your unofficial DAT score when you get it after you finish the exam (I think that is still possible). This assumes you will have a score worth updating.