are ralphs and fred meyer the same? interning out of state?

Started by pharmcat33
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharmcat33

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey i have 2 questions here pretty simple...

1- does anyone know if ralphs and fred meyer are the same thing? I know someone who works at fred meyer and they said ralphs has the same computer system since some people can do their training at a ralphs even if they work at fred meyer. does anyone know?

2- for interning, is it possible for pharmacy students to get internships out of state? like in california there are no fred meyers, but in oregon there are, so if I wanted to work at fred meyer in the summer would I be able to interview with ralphs (since they are both kroger) and have them place me in oregon? or like if i applied with kaiser could I request to work in oregon as a first priority and cali as a second?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so theyre not the same? if i worked for ralphs in socal would they let me transfer to fred meyer in oregon?

For that, you're going to have to call human resources at a Fred Meyer and ask. I sure don't know, I gave you all the information a google search could bring me. 😉 BTW, you're better to try to get a job in Washington, we have Fred Meyer there too. No state income taxes in WA.
 
For that, you're going to have to call human resources at a Fred Meyer and ask. I sure don't know, I gave you all the information a google search could bring me. 😉 BTW, you're better to try to get a job in Washington, we have Fred Meyer there too. No state income taxes in WA.
yea theres not much on google lol but i would imagine there has to be some type of connection in the pharmacy between ralphs and fred meyer. i know someone who was able to work for cvs in CA during the school year and in MA during the summer. im trying to do something like that