Are the aamc practice exams administered as real MCAT in the past?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UIUCstudent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Also does anyone know when AAMC 11 was used as a real MCAT? Was it in 2010?

Members don't see this ad.

No, they are passages from previous MCATs. Per the AAMC, they are generally made up of "compromised" passages and questions (i.e., passages and questions retired due to a lost exam booklet or similar cause for suspicion of a compromised exam).

AAMC 11 supposedly has mostly passages from 2010 MCAT administrations. It is likely the official study guide's passages are from 2008-2009 (based on the information in them) and that AAMC 10 was from around 2005-2006.

Members don't see this ad :)
Things happen home boy

Exam BOOKLET lost from an exam given on computer! I could see that they suspect someone came in and took pictures of the computer screen or something crazy like that, but losing a printed item from a CBT doesn't make sense.

Exam BOOKLET lost from an exam given on computer! I could see that they suspect someone came in and took pictures of the computer screen or something crazy like that, but losing a printed item from a CBT doesn't make sense.

Might have something to do w/ the fact that only ONE AAMC test (11) actually uses material from the CBT version... ;)

AAMC 11 probably uses passages compromised in some other way. (As does the study guide most likely.) Another likely cause of known compromise would be ... (wait for it) SDN!

If you couldn't tell, I was being sarcastic. Gosh...