Are there alot of Canadians?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Thebeyonder

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do U.S. schools have a lot of Canadians?
It would be interesting to go to school with Canadians in the class.
Tim.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a Canadian currently applying to US dental schools. My brother is a graduate of Michigan's DDS program and from what I hear, there are plenty of us "Canucks" in US dental schools. I think your best bet of finding Canadians are at big private schools (especially in the Northeast) as they're pretty much the only schools that will take non-US students. Oh yeah, an be extra nice to your Canadian classmates b/c we're not only super friendly, we're also paying 1.5x as much as Americans to go to US dental schools (thanks to the woeful exchange on our dollar)!!

Ciao for now,
MDP

Most of the Canadian students attending U.S. dental schools are concentrated in the private universities since there typically aren't residency requirements for admission. I actually have a few friends who are getting their dental education in the States. I would say that the schools with the most Canadians, relatively, are Tufts, BU, Case Western, Detriot Mercy, Temple, NYU and Columbia. I suppose they're relatively closer to the border too... You'd definitely get a good education down there; only thing is the tuition and exchange rate ! :eek: